PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Compile?

Minara
02-14-2002, 09:00 PM
whenever I attempt to compile the stuff in /World... All of the *.o's compile fine.. however when it goes to link I get the following error

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysql.a(my_compress.o): In function `my_compress_alloc':
my_compress.o(.text+0xdd): undefined reference to `compress'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o): In function `my_uncmpress':
my_compress.o(.text+0x165): undefined reference to `uncompress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [world] Error 1

n00b8472
02-14-2002, 09:29 PM
Add -Iz to your LINKOPTS section of your world makefile

theCoder
02-16-2002, 11:44 AM
That should be -lz (lowercase "L" lowercase "Z")

misanthropicfnd
02-16-2002, 06:53 PM
I've committed this change to the development codebase as well as a few of the other issues folks have run into building 0.2.3 on linux. I'm sure it still won't be perfect for everyone, but hopefully it'll help. I also added db.ini parsing for linux so we'll see how that works in the wild with the next release.

If anyone has ideas/suggestions, I'd like to also create a linux build guide including general instructions as well as any known issues requiring manual intervention at this point (such as differing include paths, files needed from the win32 release, or namespace issues w/newer versions of gcc). Perhaps the next step will be to provide a binary distribution like that for win32.

Also, I'd be interested in hearing from folks that have gotten past the build issues to learn how much success people are having with it, and if there are performance issues or other oddities that are affecting linux and not win32.

Stud
02-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Welp, can't say as I can address any performance issues as of yet, as 99% of the login attempts on my server are from folks who have patched their EQ to current client.

Perhaps more info can follow after we can patch to current client.

One anomaly that I haven't had a chance to look into yet tho, is that my Linux server is not displaying NPCname's, whereas my Win server is. My weekend starts tomorrow, so I will have time to look into it more then. Anyone else have this happen?

Trumpcard
02-17-2002, 02:33 AM
Now that Ive got my version rebuilt to hit my windows box inside the firewall for its database (i just dont like my database server sitting on the firewall), I think I'm going to put up a persitant game world and see how well it will stay up.

We should consider putting in some logging code so we can get it to write to a ini specified log path '/var/logs/Eqserver.log' etc. I dont like having to redirect standard out and err into a file from the command line.

jam^
02-17-2002, 06:44 AM
Having the same issue with NPC names not showing on the Linux build. Haven't tried it on windows yet.

Other than that, everything seems to work as expected.