PDA

View Full Version : New ZoneClean.exe

Bob98112
12-12-2002, 05:56 AM
This is a link to the latest version of ZoneClean.

It has been changed to use the DB design from the .0.4.0 release.

The previous version also had a bug with the 2-d distance checking which has now been fixed. If you ran it before to clean spawns, running this version will remove even more.

Per Trumpcard's request, it now cleans the dups from the NPCType table (adjusting for orphaned entries in SpawnEntry, SpawnGroup, faction and Spawn2) after that, it packs the NPCTypes table and updates the associated tables. This zip includes the VC++ source and release .exe. Please read the Readme.txt file included before you run it. The program takes a loooong time to run. At least it does for me. Also, back up your database first in case you do not like the results.

If none of the above makes any sense at all, please do NOT download this zip file. Chances are, you do not need it. :P I posted it here for anyone who runs a server and wants to clean the DB of duplicates a bit.

http://members.telocity.com/p_quinn/htdocs/ZoneCleanSrc.zip

Bob98112
12-16-2002, 11:00 AM
This link will not be around for too much longer. My ISP announced last friday they are closing up shop. I ordered new service today and I will move the file once it is changed over. There will be more upstream for my EQEmu server to use but, it's still only going to be a DSL connection.

So, anyone know how many more people can connect without lag on 384k vs 256k? lol :P j/k

It is probably going to be cool anyway.

DrEvil
12-16-2002, 02:10 PM
if you need a host for your file PM me