PDA

View Full Version : Kaiyodo - Spell Editor bug!

Wiz
12-14-2002, 01:52 AM
I never did get the problem of modified spells_en that just wouldn't work again, but I do have yet another spell effect bug for you.

No matter which effect you pick from the list, ingame it shows as the "fear" particle effect.

Kaiyodo
12-14-2002, 04:32 AM
The particle effects box doesn't work at all with the new spell system, I know about that. The spdat_spell_struct from EQEmu contains the variables SpellAffectIndex, CastingAnim and TargetAnim which I used to use, but those offsets have absolutely no effect on in-game spells now. I'll have to compare the EQEmu spdat struct with the hackersquest one and see if they have any more info.

K.

Wiz
12-14-2002, 06:22 AM
The particle effects box doesn't work at all with the new spell system, I know about that. The spdat_spell_struct from EQEmu contains the variables SpellAffectIndex, CastingAnim and TargetAnim which I used to use, but those offsets have absolutely no effect on in-game spells now. I'll have to compare the EQEmu spdat struct with the hackersquest one and see if they have any more info.

K.

Aight, cool. By the way - could you add the RecourseLink value to your spell editor?

Kaiyodo
12-15-2002, 09:07 AM
I've put in the code for the new fields as well as updating a ton of effects which the editor didn't understand (focus effects mainly). Unfortunately I can't test anything at the moment as I upgraded everything from 0.3.13 to the current versions tonight without realising the live client wasn't compatible, oops!

I'll get back on it when the next release of the emu comes out.

K.