PDA

View Full Version : intresting spell bug

_dev_toaster
12-15-2002, 07:05 PM
I noticed an intresting thing tonight. I was playing around with a wizard, when my spells locked up. I couldn't cast again, couldn't sit, camp or zone. This is a common problem I have noticed, but found that if you do #cast 1212 or click your jboots, it fixes it. More or less unlocks them so you can cast spells from your spell gems again.

Also, around the bug, if you chain cast DD spells against a mob, after a while (3 casts or so) not only will your spell lock up. But, after you unlock them, your DDs stop doing dmg to a mob unless you cast a none dd spell. I was testing this with root.

Anyway, I am sure this is a known bug, the work around might help some people, and _maybe_ help track down what causing the bug.

Barnebarn
12-15-2002, 10:08 PM
I think there is a problem with casting spells and then moving while casting - that will freeze up your spells.

_dev_toaster
12-16-2002, 09:54 AM
It will also happen if your standing still and chain casting. I was standing still nuking the crap out of mob while a tank was beating on him.

The last time I attempted to kite, it went very bad becuase the mob was always right on top of me no matter how far or fast I ran :)

Nivisec
12-16-2002, 02:20 PM
I remember this being a problem on the real EQ servers a long time ago...It had something to do with the implementation of the change in the interrupt of spell casting back then.

For example, before you would crouch and the spell would still finish its casting time out before canceling. It was changed to cancel immediatly upon crouching at one point.

The problem you are describing was a brief one, but there after they put in this change if I recall. This was a really long time ago (2 years??), so I don't remember the complete details :(

neotokyo
12-17-2002, 01:03 AM
if you chain cast jboots (or any other spell) you wont be allowed to cast again for some time. this was built in to avoid spell flooding. this is intentional.

just wait a few seconds and the situation should resolve. if not, post again and i'll try to reproduce it.

Wiz
12-17-2002, 01:24 AM
Neo - I've located and fixed this lockup bug in the CVS. It was with spamcasting, it wouldn't reset correctly.