PDA

View Full Version : We need a new admin tool to work with the latest EQemu

IAkc7wzl
12-17-2002, 10:50 AM
We need a new admin tool for EQemu that works with the latest ver.

I downloaded fallowed the directions on the curent ver and it bugs out on the eq database It don't like the entries.

yes I read the post about using the old database file but there is a problem it kinda a lood point to update the server and have the old database you think.

I don't realy care to learn that much about sql or that kinda thing and the tools in that admin tool makes life a lot easier.

if I knew how to fix it right and had the soure I would but I don't.

I think it would be cool if the the files would get updated in this way and packages together

EQemu + Database + Amintools - all updated at the same time = much easier for server op. you can put 3 zips in a zip and let the server op deside witch files to unzip

ie if you want to only update you EQemu open package.zip in there is EQemu.zip open it and unzip.

this is how I use to do things wen I was a dev. for a game (the zipse also had recursive dir's

but mainly at this point I would like to see a ver of admintool that works with the current ver of EQemu

Windcatcher
12-20-2002, 04:35 AM
I've been sick as a dog for the past week...I haven't touched a computer in that time. I know the admin tool works with 0.3.13, but I haven't tried 0.4.0...aside from the removal of the quest table, has anything else changed?

WC

Trumpcard
12-20-2002, 05:00 AM
WC,
I'll shoot you the new db.sql tonight. Theres actually quite a few changes going in there, prolly be just best for you to make changes for 4.1 instead of 4.0. 4.0 is going to be extinct very soon.

We added a few new tables, and modified one or two exisitng ones..

IAkc7wzl
12-20-2002, 05:30 AM
I bless you all. thank you.

some people like me are not to smart when it come at looking at code or databases :D I think that the tool is a awsome feature.

I am very good with computers and some software areas but a dunce in others. heck I did car dev. for a game called gear head garage. and trianied a lot of the comunity there. But I had to move on but I do go back end viset them once in a wile.

and I have a question. is there any way. ok say like I am using the the admin tool made a some advancements and added things that are missing (like a spell or some thing) could it be feasable for eqemu admin tool to export the data bece it self and inport. becouse I have had problems with error (bad ones it wipes the db almost every time) and have totaly redo eq portion mysql (man that program is grouchy)

thank you

Ladorn Silverfire
12-20-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey Trumpcard, can you send me the db.sql file too? I can't seem to find it :oops:
Cloud707@msn.com

Thanks in advance.

Pneu
12-21-2002, 01:10 AM
I sincerely hope you are feeling better WC, so that xmas is good for you and also so that you update EqAdmin :roll:

Pneu

just_add_water
12-21-2002, 07:12 AM
just wait for the 0.4.1 DB, it'll be so leet

DeletedUser
12-22-2002, 05:17 AM
bah... humbug christmas :)