PDA

View Full Version : maps

akira
02-16-2002, 09:07 AM
I have been reading and playing with trying to get into the EMU zones for over 2 hrs now. I have yet to see a solution to the below prob, guess I am blind. on zonent I get the below error message. How can fix it to get into the game. I have followed the instructions to the T, or so I think I did.

Map: Maps\gfaydark.map not found.
Reading zhdr file './cfg/gfaydark.cfg'
Reading zhdr file './cfg/gfaydark.cfg'

more info

from world.exe
Attempting autobootup of 'cabeast' for Jasazi
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:9001 cabeast
Enter world: Jasazi: cabeast
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:9001 cabeast
Client disconnected

at the same time, from zonent.exe
Map: Maps\cabeast.map not found.
Reading zhdr file './cfg/cabeast.cfg'
Reading zhdr file './cfg/cabeast.cfg'
-----------
Zone server 'cabeast' listening on port:9001
-----------
New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port:3324
Login packet 1
Login packet 2
Client dropped: GetAuthentication = 0, n=Jasazi
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=127.0.0.1, port=3324
Automatic shutdown
Zone shutdown: going to sleep

EvIl-QuEsT
02-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Yeah whats up with the error regarding not being able to load a map? When I load EQemu and i get to the server list and click on my server I get this error message about losing connectivity to the patch server. I log off everquest and check the world.exe program and it says it cant find frptw.map. Then it says SERVER SHUTING DOWN.

Can anyone help me!!

-Evil

Lurker_005
02-17-2002, 09:09 AM
First just a caution, maps for EQemu and for EQadmin are different. EQadmin uses the same map files that showEQ uses, they are 2d line based maps. DO NOT put these maps in a directory off your emu server. I did this once and the emu stoped working.

The EQemu does not need maps at all to run, as I understand it they may be used in the future to do server side collision detection. But since proper movement code isn't done yet, that isn't a factor. The map files for the emu will be 3D type of maps.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with your problems, but....

Drewfus
02-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey lurker do you know where someone can get maps for EqAdmin besides using ShowEQ to get them?????

Trumpcard
02-17-2002, 12:49 PM
WC put them on sourceforge... Look in the files section for them...

(hint: look at EQadmin version 2.1)

Lurker_005
02-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Yep the sourceforge files area has them, scroll down a bit. They are also in the showeqand Sins source download. And finally there is a web page that is hosting them, which is the place to look for the latest maps. MapFiend (http://www.k-r-g.com/mapfiend/)

akira
02-18-2002, 03:32 PM
ok forgot to add then, that I did find the .map files on a thread on this board, but I still get that error.

madborg
02-19-2002, 11:47 AM
ok forgot to add then, that I did find the .map files on a thread on this board, but I still get that error.

Lurker had it right-- the map files that are used for 3D navigation are not the same as the map files that ShowEQ uses or the Admin Tool.

Ignore that error message. Those maps are used for NPC terrain navigation and are not currently implemented to any level.

The 3D maps are needed for NPC server navigation --either as raw files or files that have additional processing done to them.