PDA

View Full Version : Commands and access levels?

Ryozu
02-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Just wondering if it is in the plans to be able to customize the level required to use commands.

Reason is, the EMU is becoming more advanced with each release, and it's getting to the point where it's good for more than just summoning items and exploring. Give it a few more advances in AI, and functionality, and you could run it as a semi-normal game.

Of course, if the average user has the power to summon any item, go to any zone, or things such as that, then there is no challenge for them.

Just my 2 cents.

Nada
02-17-2002, 06:38 AM
I totally agree with you. I think that gm armor, or all the armor with insane stats ie(all armor with 100+ to all stats) should be available for only gm's.

When the emu is more stable, with AI etc, I think some of these might be implemented.

Yodason
02-17-2002, 07:04 AM
This will be implemented "SOON"

Razzle
02-26-2002, 10:35 AM
This will be implemented "SOON"

Hooray!

Bunga
03-08-2002, 03:24 AM
"Ashran soon", "Start-of-EQemu soon" or "its-on-the-list soon"?

DaRacne Shaitan
03-08-2002, 05:34 AM
"When we get the more important stuff done soon" is what I would guess, thats not really a priority I would think ATM.

T7g
03-08-2002, 07:59 AM
You guys have the source, look for lines like these in client.cpp:

else if (strcasecmp(sep.arg[0], "#delacct") == 0 && admin >= 200)

Change the text in quotes to change the command name (This will be after a sep.arg[0] - To change a command parameter name, change sep.arg[1]'s check text, and finally to change who can use the command. Change the last number to the access level that you want people to have at minimum to use that command. (>= means greater than or equal to - by the way)

Drawde
03-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Currently though you still need to use #zone to get round the lack of working zone points (in most places), and #summonitem to create your starting items and spells.
Also #npcstats is useful considering that consider doesn't always work properly (it said that a level-4 skeleton with 100hp was "not worth fighting" for a level 1 character.. seems more like it'd be the other way round :) )