PDA

View Full Version : Pet Bug Report, and a feature request

Minara
02-17-2002, 07:17 AM
As I'm sure you're all aware.... Pets(Magi and Necro) are now active on Gotfrags. I managed to get in some tests on them before the server went into seizures(LD CTD and everything evil) and the following is a semi-completed bug list. I'll be updating it periodically as things develop and/or are fixed.

BUG: /tell does not work unless you have a pet summoned. || STATUS: Fixed in code(According to Quagmire)

BUG: Pet does not appear to be attacking. You can /pet attack, but it will keep following you(damage is done, explained in next bug). || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: Pet has no messages, either miss or hit. || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: No "hit" message from NPCs attacking pet. Miss message appears in the format of "*name* attempts to hit *gender*self, but misses!". || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: Other then attacking and killing it, there's no way to intentionally get rid of a pet. Invising and /pet get lost do NOT work. || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken.

BUG: Pets have very little HP(even the best). possibly a database function. || STATUS: Unknown

BUG: High Level Necro Pet supposed to be Spectre, shows as skeleton || STATUS: Unconfirmed

BUG: Familiars and warders are not active. || STATUS: Assumed intentional.

This list is current as of 2:15 PM EST, on the 17th of February. I will continue to update as necessary.

I've only got one feature request.. and it is as follows:

#searchmob. We have #searchitem for finding items in the database.. #searchmob would be nice for locating a specific mob in the db. As it stands right now the only way to get the mob you want is process of elimination(#npctypespawn.. work off the name).

Edit: 2:18. Forgot invis and pet get lost issue.

Shawn319
02-17-2002, 07:35 AM
BUG: Pet does not appear to be attacking. You can /pet attack, but it will keep following you(damage is done, explained in next bug). || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: Pet has no messages, either miss or hit. || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: No "hit" message from NPCs attacking pet. Miss message appears in the format of "*name* attempts to hit *gender*self, but misses!". || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken

BUG: Other then attacking and killing it, there's no way to intentionally get rid of a pet. Invising and /pet get lost do NOT work. || STATUS: Tested and confirmed, still broken.

BUG: Pets have very little HP(even the best). possibly a database function. || STATUS: Unknown

BUG: High Level Necro Pet supposed to be Spectre, shows as skeleton || STATUS: Unconfirmed

1. I tested earlier and it appeared to be attacking to me (doing hit animation and sounds)

2. My pet was showing hit/miss message and was hitting quite hard after i did #level 100 on him

3. same as 2, damage messages looked fine

4. /pet get lost worked fine and gave me a simple message saying bye.

5. all pets start at level 0 with 5 HP (another bug) (maby cause of first two bugs?) (use #level on pet)

6. Emmisary of Thule? Yes it is a skele pet (i thought Cazic "Thule" had a skele pet so i thought this was normal). *looking at spdat now*

Emissary of Thule
Summons a Skeleton Type 45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Nec (L59)

BOOYA :)

Nada
02-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Shawn i used to play a necro, the 59 pet is a spectre. I also think #searchmob would be a good idea, but i dunno how hard it would be.
http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=493 link for emissary of thule

Shawn319
02-21-2002, 03:04 PM
doh.. well there must be something server-side that tells it to be a spectre :(

Baron Sprite
02-24-2002, 09:00 AM
Type ;)