PDA

View Full Version : EQEMu 0.4.1+ Wishlist.

Baron Sprite
01-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Since 0.4.1 was a major release, some of the requested features have been added in, so please post any features you would like added in future versions.

Note: This post is NOT for bug reports, it is only for feature requests.

Note 2: WE KNOW THAT YOU WANT HORSES. WAIT FOR 0.4.2 :)

just_add_water
01-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Read this first---

PoP items/spawns - Must be Packet Collected by users
Bows/throwing/Archery - Already in
Boats - Run by the DB (so do it yourself)
AA - Must be Packet collected!
Disciplines - Must be Packet collected!
Wandering mobs- In 0.4.1, check main forum for a guide to using this
Mobs hitting for correct damge - this is done by a formula, go fix it

Also *MAKE SURE* to check if something already in the emu before asking for it.

DO NOT ASK FOR ANY OF THESE, REPEAT ANY. I'm not kidding

Baron Sprite
01-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Disciplines - Need to be packet captured also if you want them in.

mByte
01-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Partical Objects (ie particals found in D1 falling from red part or on exit pads in sebilis)

Hide / Sneak

Better Z Axis handling for wandering mobs

(not sure if in there)
NPC to attack another NPC cause of type (guard attacks animals)

Beh
01-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Combat Lag?

I'm not sure if this should be posted as a feature but I have jumped on eqemu from time to time and always there has been extreme lag in combat. I have no idea if it's the server, the code, the connection, or all of the above but it's something i'm sure your aware of. I just wanted to see if this is something that could be fixed or added like anything else or would it have to wait till the project neared completion to rat out all the problems.

var1ety
01-07-2003, 06:19 PM
#unsummon <name> <zone> sends name to zone; maybe make them have to be targetted and zone has to be up, or something, i don't know.

#reversesummon <name> zone to where name is, at his location when you type command

privileged log in. if i have 200 status and all my zone servers are full i'd like the server to do a shutdown on the zone with the lowest total number of status points so i can log in. failing that maybe make it so that if all zone servers are occupied you zone into a random non-empty one?

perhaps a server mode so that only those in your accounts table can log in, or only those with status x?

ability to log #actions to a file, chats to a file, zone changes and that stuff?

a unix top clone interface would be a wonderful touch to zone/world, but it seems inappropriate. Instead perhaps make it so that you can query stats from the zones via telnetting to world and logging in and issuing commands, so that you could write your own plugin to report stats on the servers, allowing you to direct output to >/dev/null on unix so that you don't need 5 terminals to run a server =) If this is already possible perhaps detail the commands to query various things via the console you can achieve by telnetting to world?

An extension to this would be making sure that all chat is reported through world, rather than in the individual zones (if it isn't already), so that that can be captured in one central place.

That's all for now..

EDIT:
Ability to have various levels of speed between normal and gm speed, say 5 levels of it, where 0 is normal, 5 is current gmspeed.

When you die have it pop you up at zonein of current zone with full equip, instead of how it is now, where you die, get booted to login, then log back in with full gear.

Change #goto x y z to the format #goto (xyz|pc) (x y z | pc name). So for instance you type #goto xyz 5 10 -300 to use goto like before, and you type #goto pc joebob to do an intra-zone teleport to joebob's character. If you wanted you you could replace #reversesummon's functionality by #goto by either adding an intrazone tag, or by making going to a pc go to their zone whether they are in the current zone or not, if that makes sense.

EnFuego98
01-07-2003, 08:52 PM
As far as #goto stands, it seems the Guide+ command of /goto works, since it's part of the client. Also, /find works, but the mobs are named differently than on a "live" server (i.e. a_large_rat00 on live and a_large_rat000 on eqemu). I use these all the time to get to a specific spawn or PC (so this would also work in place of the #reversesummon asked for above).

[edit: On a side note, /find and /goto DO work INTER-zone, so it is possible to /goto a player who is in another zone.]

Shawn319
01-07-2003, 11:42 PM
#unsummon <name> <zone> sends name to zone; maybe make them have to be targetted and zone has to be up, or something, i don't know.

How about #banish instead?

nice idea...

Skullphoenix01
01-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Perhaps a way to connect the chat on the server screen in EQ to the IRC channel.
Would be handy i think...
Not really something thats important though... *shrug*

Edgar1898
01-08-2003, 02:51 AM
Just a note about your npc name post, npc names will go back to the eq standard of 2 digits to determine the mobs uniqueness. Ie a_large_rat00 on live eq will be the same on the emu.

jdankanyin
01-08-2003, 03:05 AM
:D hows about a xml ui set up for gms and server ops to let them know which zones are down or where the chars in the zone are stuck.

var1ety
01-08-2003, 07:53 AM
some kind of ui is what i was thinking of when i mentioned it above, but it seems inappropriate to put something like that on the dev team. better to make an extensible system that is open and documentated which we can query with an application, so that the community could make its own server monitor with various features.

it seems like the functionality is already partially there via the console (maybe more, haven't looked into the console much).

DrEvil
01-08-2003, 07:59 AM
how about a working minilogin that supports multiple accounts, creatable through a webpage & php

pyrobooze
01-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Trade skillz
Being able to combine items in boxes <for quests>
Factions
Mobs hitting for what they should... IE tunare quad fo 1500 instead of doubles for 400

Trumpcard
01-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Why would you want mobs to hit exactly like they do in live?

On a mob that requires 50 people to take down the mob, and a server that is going to have a max of 20, isnt this just a recipe for creating an 'unkillable' mob?

On the low end, mobs should be fairly close to live, but as you go higher, mobs requiring multiple players to kill need to be scaled down to stay consistant with the number of players..

Make sense?

killspree
01-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Tradeskills and faction both work with 4.1 heh...it's stuff you enter on your own into the database.

Baron Sprite
01-08-2003, 10:40 AM
how about a working minilogin that supports multiple accounts, creatable through a webpage & php

Minilogin works and it does support 200 or so users. Look at MiniLoginAccounts.ini

Trade skillz
They work.

Disciplines
Packet cap some for us and they will work.

just_add_water
01-08-2003, 11:47 AM
This just in! pyrobooze is a IDIOT! Even tho its been noted TWICE he still asks for disciplines. i mean hell even a lab rat woulda learned by now

mByte
01-08-2003, 12:05 PM
I do agree why the hell would you want to replicate EQlive's dmg tables on high end mob? I would try and gear fights around the 1 group or less if your on a legit server where it isnt how fast can you press the #castuberspell command.

If more and more people play on a server thinking max 50 you could alway's ajust the HP later to fit the people killing.

Its suppose to be fun but at the same time challenging

killspree
01-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Btw a simple way to replicate EQlive mob damage is to add the atk value column to the db, that alone will increase mob damage as players see fit.

Can test it in game by making a level 70 mob(whichs hits for about 250 or so), and do #showstats...you'll see their atk is set to 0. Give them avatar and ferocity and it makes them hit for ~500, as you add atk buffs, the higher their atk is, the more damage they will hit for, regardless of their level.

So that would be one way to give people a chance to modify a mobs atk value without having to packet collect individual mob data.

DeletedUser
01-08-2003, 04:06 PM
#summonitem command but with a stack value.
If its a stackable item make it so you can summon 1-20.

I.e:
Arrow: ItemID #8005
#summonitem 8005 20

It checks if its stackable, if is.. it'll summon a stack of 20.

Hate summoning 20 seperate arrows.. food.. or drink. :(

Baron Sprite
01-08-2003, 05:41 PM
#summonitem command but with a stack value.
If its a stackable item make it so you can summon 1-20.

I'm pretty sure you can already do that. Try it.

mByte
01-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Yea you can summon in stacks already.

here are some request since your taking them, and I cannot get zone.exe to launch after i compile to try it myself.

Quest Trigger Request's
Timeout[seconds]
Simple function just creates a pause when activated.

SpawnGroup[id, x, y, z, agro, grid]
Spawns a group of npc's stored in the database but not in spawn2, or maybe add a field to spawn2 [quest] with 0/1 in it 0=loads with the zone 1=loads into memory but dosnt pop till called
ability to place the spawngroup
agro 0=you, npc_id=npc
grid follows the grid feature

SpawnNPC[id, x, y, z, h, agro, item, grid]
currently in game but pops ontop of you
id = npc_type.id
x, y, z, h = ability to place mob
agro - 0=you, npc_id = npc in the zone (orc's after a freeport guard)
item = item from db placed on mob for loot
grid = grid id

STOPPATHING [seconds]
Ability when talking to a pc to stop them from wandering for set time.

Trigger_WP:XX:{}
Something is said or happens when a npc reaches a XX point in the grid. (Sargent Slate talks at certain points of the commons zone)

LEVELCHECK XX
Checks to make sure your of a required Level

Documentation or API on the quest section.

I will think of more im sure :)

var1ety
01-08-2003, 08:55 PM
ability to restrict what zones can be booted up by players/zoned to. Would be nice to stop people from booting perma and segfaulting one of my zone processes, and from getting themselves stuck in kedge or sol b.

Shawn319
01-09-2003, 12:30 AM
In-game world building commands

#databasespawn id name level race class bodytype hp gender texture helmtexture size hp_regen_rate mana_regen_rate loottable_id merchant_id mindmg maxdmg usedspellsvarchar npcspecialattks banish aggroradius social face luclin_hairstyle luclin_haircolor luclin_eyecolor luclin_beardcolor fixedz d_meele_texture1 d_meele_texture2 walkspeed runspeed

and save that directly to npctypes (location and heading would be exactly where you were when you used command).

killspree
01-09-2003, 01:09 AM
My original post was more or less answering someone that said they'd like to see realistic mob damage, but here's a request I'd like to see:

Mob atk value added to the database, so you can set specific mobs atk values, which would then modify their actual per hit damage(since min_dmg and max_dmg don't seem to work correctly).

Trumpcard
01-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Thats not a bad idea.. Could also make it a handicap via a negative value..

diseased rat versus a normal one... use the same template for it in npc_types, just make some minor alterations..

I'll take a look..

DeletedUser
01-09-2003, 07:48 AM
:D Yea.. I hated making more then one npc just to change gender.

fnemo
01-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Still need the ability to push the mob (when you hit a lot) as EQlive so he can be interrupted

pyrobooze
01-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Dont be a dick man im in school hardly have time to post something... couldnt read everything . and mByte not everyone will be just playing a legit server... not only that but TUNARE hitting for 200 CAN and SHOULD be brought up double... not all mobs are supposed to be EASILY killed, plus dont you think it would get boring after a while if everyone who has leveled 10x faster and not experiencing any of the lower level zone fully that it would get kinda boring when everyone has killed Tunare over and over without any challenge? Just my wishlist dude you guys dont have to be dicks about it. And Trump for the legit servers i guess i never thought about there being max 20 people... You never know though how many people there will be.

devn00b
01-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Resists. if any server is going to have spell casting this needs to be done. just otherwise its whoever nukes who 1st wins.

also makes those resist #'s on the stat screen worthless.

mByte
01-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Ability to bind a npc script to several npc's

Guard000 to Guard010 that say the same thing is kinda pointless to have 10of the same scripts

Maybe add zone folders emu\quests\<zone>\*.qst

Jay
01-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Perhaps this has already been addressed, but if it hasn't I would like to see the faces attribute in the npc_types show up in-game. I'm pretty happy with everything else. WTG Devs!

just_add_water
01-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Btw theres a brand new quest system being worked on, so plz don't ask about quests (or anything connected to them)

killspree
01-13-2003, 04:12 AM
Another feature that would be nice is character flags. It would allow dynamic quests and such, much easier than the old style of turn in item x from mob y. Instead you would just kill the mob, get a flag from killing it, and return to the quest npc to advance further in the quest.

Of course item turn-ins would still be useful, but it would be a nice addition as well to have flags. That's one of the major features that has seemed to work well in PoP.

Pneu
01-29-2003, 02:37 AM
I would like to be able to edit the different restists of mobs, so I can make my hairy things flammable and my undead things ignore diseases and so on.

I would like to have control over mobs as undead, animal and summoned. I suspect this is hard coded and possibly based upon model. On my own world i'd like to use the animal flag for a series of plot related mobs following a particular god, and a series of bane and debuff spells associated with the accursed followers that do not work on other mobs.

(This allows me to make the players incredibly powerful for a particular quests plot line, but have that power useless outside of the related quest).

I would also like mobs on opposing factions to attack each other, perhaps relying on the AILevel variable to enable this.

Drawde
01-29-2003, 04:55 AM
Monster types such as undead, summoned and animal can be set with the "bodytype" value in npc_types. I can't remember the exact values for each type but it's in my parser code so I'll find it and post it here if you're interested.
Configurable resists will be in the next version (4.2) I think, it will add 5 more values to npc_types, one for each resist.

Pneu
01-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Thanks Drawde, that's enough info for me to find the rest out :)

Pneu

Jaguar5555
01-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Mobs hitting for actual damage, i mean soloing a 100 damage hitting Trakanon is extreamlly lame. Even on a legit server i can solo them, without using unfair items such as Can o' Whoop ass and Aego buffer. Just normal monk with top notch gear.

This has got to be fixed, or it will get old quick and if there is a script i can write please tell me.