PDA

View Full Version : Bot Request.

DeletedUser
01-11-2003, 04:28 AM
That's right! :D

I've come along in my eqemu days to see people have talked about this, and even on some servers you can create an npc that will become a PC on the /who list who interacts a bit (.qst files?)

I was wondering if any devs, or players.. would find the time worthy of creating bots that could populate parts of the world, go on the /who list, and be interactable.

i.e: They fight, loot, group, sell, buy, etc.

If you had a setting such as "95: Bot Master" you could control them. Group with them, assign one to healing - and their AI gets better as they see whats a better time to heal. Assign some to fighting, and they'll learn whens a good time to use "this" command. Or you can force them to use them. And wizards, or druids can port you out when you force them to use it.

I think it'd be a pretty neat addon that people could use, it'd add a lot more interaction into the game as many people don't use the same server and scatter around.

:lol:

DeletedUser
01-11-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm actually trying to do some work on this.

Image, if your alive.. I have some questions. :D

fnemo
01-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Will be glad to help on this if i can. Keep me informed ;)

DeletedUser
01-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I think image will be the root of all help, i'd love any suggestions so I atleast could make a design doc if I can't do this project, someone can pick it up.

Image made it so a npc comes up as a player, from there it'd just need some scripts to add AI to it.

:cry: image.. where are you.

Edgar1898
01-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Your living in a dream world neo....... :

DeletedUser
01-12-2003, 04:55 AM
theres pathing, quests... what says you can't combine all of it into some sort of bot system.

:?

var1ety
01-12-2003, 06:19 PM
dunno if the AI would ever be better than just an npc pet, but a npc pet should be very possible, although handling exp would be tricky. Don't know if anyone remembers but there was an npc in butcherblock you could give cash to and he would follow you around and help you fight, I think it was "a greedy beggar".

You could possibly script a NWN type help system, where you ask him for a heal and he'll heal you if he has mana, or other pet commands.

I personally think it's silly to try and develop some kind of AI where they seek groups and buy/sell and stuff like that, however. Better IMO to make them like hirelings you could, well, hire, with a variety of skills, whether they be a rogue that backstabs or a cleric that heals.

I'm anxious for the new quest system, to investigate if maybe something like this is viable, though I have no idea how you'd assign an npc pet to a pc and give it custom AI.. =)

Castiron
01-15-2003, 05:41 AM
i dont know if u ppl are familliar with neverwinter nights or not but incase your not , in NWN you can take on an npc as a henchman they fight with you and cast spells as they see fit ie clerics heal u when thay think they should , u can set preferances with your henchman like"heal me when i get to 50% or 25% life and for the most part their good about doing so, but on occasion they heal u a bit early or latehell ive even heard reports of a henchman getting mad at a pc and attacking them , though thats hearsay.

well if neverwinter nights can do that why cant everquest have henchmen and or hirelings ?

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Lol its incomplete haven't had any time to work on it Darkyth :P

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 05:08 PM
still owns image, i'll help if i can, just got 600 dollars worth of programming books to advance my knowledge. :)