PDA

View Full Version : Character Tool.

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 09:37 AM
[ I'm looking for ideas, and also your opinion ]

I've started a tool that is sort've like the Neverwinter Nights character editor thats inside the tool. With the work of Kaiydoo a lot of it is coming easier and more realistic.

It would come with two windows. One window would be your character. In that window you have buttons to make it wireframe, no textures, textures, or even luclin or non luclin models.

In the character tool you have everything there like in the EQEMu Admin tool, you can set the name, race, class, sex, level, etc. You can put on armor, items, etc.

With all of these changes, your character window will change so you can see your character till its fit to your likes. But mainly this tool isn't just so you can see your character. You can save it to mysql or save it to a .eqc file then if the server admin finds time he can load your character up via the tool and save as mysql.

I'm looking on what you people think, ideas, if its a waste of time, etc.

Trumpcard
01-19-2003, 10:08 AM
I like the idea... Be easier creating characters on the fly.. You could equip an account alot faster than having to manually create the character and equip him one piece at a time, manually searching for items to throw on him.. Have a pop up item browser (right click on the item for an EQ like description window) and I think you have a real winner...

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 11:36 AM
I was sort of thinking of something like that.

You have the inventory screen when working with the items, if you right click on a slot it pops up the stat window and it also shows what piece of armor is selected ( have it turn red or something ).

Maybe even make it so you can save item sets and have people upload theres so people can use it.

Only problem, as kaiydoo has said.. its gonna eat your bandwidth to hell, i'm still looking for solutions... I'm trying to make it look sort of like the character select screen.

Divide
01-19-2003, 06:48 PM
I think thats a great idea, I wish you the best. If there is anyting I can do to help let me know.

DeletedUser
01-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Well it might be awhile.. i gotta wait for a new eqemu since i reformatted. :(

Divide
01-20-2003, 03:46 AM
Doh!

DeletedUser
01-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Anyone that plans on supporting this idea, this is just a start off to a great tool i hope for it to achieve. The NWN Editor is a very powerful tool when it comes to placing NPCs, Making Items, working around the zone.

It wouldnt have everything such as editting zone size, placing trees, etc.

So the guys that were working on Dev. Tools, this might be an option to consider.

Kryptik
01-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Will users be able to create new character models, skins, items, etc.? I dont know how hard this would be to do, but I think it would make a sweet addition to the software list.

->Kryptik

DeletedUser
01-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Not models or skins, but for items to add to the database, yes.
There'll be a whole little item making section that displays the model you chose, and then of course, back to main screen where you can add the item to your player where you see it holding it.

Editting the models and skins would be a nice idea, but thats a bit beyond my knowledge as everyone is saying they used a plugin that can't be found.

Kryptik
01-22-2003, 03:56 AM
Ahh, ok. Well maybe I could research it a bit, and get back to you what I find. I may be able to whip somthing up in a week or two.

->Kryptik

Aranur
01-22-2003, 09:33 AM
I think its a great idea. :)

If you need any help, let me know what language
you are coding it in and if i know the language,
i'd be happy to offer my time to you.

Aranur - He who runs far

JANDEMOOOOORR
02-11-2003, 12:50 PM
I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA, BUT CAN IT LOOK OTHER MODELS THAN THE TIPICAL CHARACTERS?? (LIKE LIONS, KODIAKS, SARNAK, ZOMBIES...)
This would be great and better if you would modify it....
:wink: :arrow: :!: :?: :idea: :wink:
bye
shaaaaarvaaaaahl lives! :!: :!:

Tugurce
02-11-2003, 12:55 PM
This is an excellent idea. My knowledge of C++ isn't that great, and what I know of the MFC portion of it is even less, but I could do beta testing and debug if you need it.

DeletedUser
02-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Back from moving and got some cable hooked up. I'll definately look into starting it and upload some unfinished code. I don't really have the time to finish all my ideas but just start it up for people to finish if they want to use it.