PDA

View Full Version : a few bug reports for 4.1 and 4.2 dr 1

ozme
01-21-2003, 04:11 PM
first thing roaming npc's work if u set them up and have only one npc to one grid. The problem is if you make the misteak of typing #repop x your database gets messed up and i have found no way to fix this
Bard songs seem to some exstent and the % on the instrments is not increasing them if u need info on them goto eqdiva.com
the zonespawn add function is nice in 4.2 dr 1, not sure if u guys r doing this but maybie make it so that you can spawn a npc_type id and then add it to the spawn2 using the command that way you dont have to go enter a faction,loot table, spells used and such

so far i havent been able to get guards to attack mobs not sure if i set it up right tho i just used common sense and the city defense table.

hope this is useful someone may have already posted all of this

Drawde
01-22-2003, 07:31 AM
Some 4.1 bugs I've encountered -
- Having a spell interrupted will lock up your interface and prevent you not only from casting but also from targeting things (or yourself) or using the inventory, until you zone or log out. I know this bug is already known, but it's very annoying for casters :D . Using #cast or having a weapon proc will un-lock the interface (presumably the client thinks you're in the middle of casting a spell)
- NPCs don't seem to cast spells.
- Allied NPCs (e.g. guards) don't assist you, as ozme says - also NPCs don't assist others on the same faction (hostile NPCs/mobs will aggro though when you get within range)
- When using Luclin high-detail character models, your character will always have a beard/moustache (assuming that
they're male and their race can have beards, obviously!) regardless of whether you selected one. Hair style and colour
works correctly though.
- Addon.ini settings (status required to use a # command) don't seem to work.
- Dying often boots you back to the character select screen (without crashing the zone server though)
- Guildmasters sometimes say "ERROR: String not found" or similar when clicked on - maybe the random number used to select
the "welcome" string is greater than the number of text strings available?
- Skills like channeling, dodge and riposte are sometimes used even when you have 0 skill in them.
- Weapon accuracy at low skill levels seems too low (based on my experiences in EQLive) and the STR bonus
is also a bit too low. In EQLive, my level-1 human cleric with 85 STR and 80 DEX, 3-4 skill points in 1H Blunt, and wielding a rusty mace, could hit a level-1 creature, e.g a large rat, about 30%-50% of the time and inflict between 1 and 8 damage. However in EQEmu the same character hits about 20% of the time and inflicts 1-4 damage.

- Finally, not a bug but a suggested change - it might remove the line in npc.cpp which sets NPC HP regeneration to 2
if it is set to 0. With a hp_regen value of even 1, low-level mobs are very hard for a player of equivalent or even higher
level to kill, especially when combined with the above accuracy problem - they simply regenerate faster than you can damage them. And it seems like in EQLive most low-level creatures don't regenerate during combat, or only do so very slowly. Allowing NPCs to have zero hp_regen would prevent them regenerating after a battle (if whoever was fighting them died or zoned) but this is preferable to making them near-impossible for newbies to kill! Just my opinion though.

Anyway, hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining too much - 4.1 definitely seems to be the most stable and bug-free version of EQEmu so far.

Drawde
01-22-2003, 07:31 AM
(double posted, sorry)

Trumpcard
01-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Doesnt sound like complaining at all, this is exactly the kind of feedback I wish we could get from the rest of the community...
If you notice, when you mention bugs, I try to take a look at them...

Seems that 90% of the communities feedback involves

1) Horses
2) I patched, can I get the files so I can play?
3) Can I transfer eqemu characters to live servers ppplllzzz?

lol..

Keep em coming... I'll take a look this evening when I get in at some of these, and as always, thanks for the contributions...

fnemo
01-22-2003, 08:35 AM
about the transfert thing, you can do so .... just do a magelo sheet then ask the server admin to use kayodo (sorry for the spelling) to transfert it . quite easy and fast :)

Trumpcard
01-22-2003, 12:20 PM
To have NPC's cast spells, set a database variable called AILevel, and set it to 6 (cant remember the different levels, but 6 is the highest)

fnemo: Thats not quite what I meant...

fnemo
01-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Dont care ! :P
That works ;)

8)

Trumpcard
01-23-2003, 04:29 AM
That works to take eq live characters to eqemu servers, not the only way around...

Nevermind, I'm sure its a communication issue (Damn French! LOL)

fnemo
01-23-2003, 04:51 AM
Woohoo ! I won !! Ok .. maybe by trumpcard's withdraw, but i won !

LOL :lol:

Trumpcard
01-23-2003, 05:54 AM
That would be the first time the French ever won anything !

LOL

fnemo
01-23-2003, 06:23 AM
LOL but i'm sure it wont be the last ;)

Trumpcard
01-23-2003, 06:39 AM
You were saying?

LMAO

fnemo
01-23-2003, 07:10 AM
I said .... i won ! pff ... admit it :)

PS: plz dont put your own picture as mine, thx trumpcard :lol:

Trumpcard
01-23-2003, 07:49 AM
What a sore loser ! Dont make me replace it again then change your password !

(You cant win)

fnemo
01-23-2003, 07:56 AM
pfff . i dont care . every own saw that you lose :P

Auldar
01-23-2003, 01:58 PM
This is my first post here, so go easy on me.

I managed to get a server setup etc in about 2-3 hours, with a few minor problems.

In case anyone is interested in the problems I had, I'll briefly document them here.

IMHO, someone really should edit this (http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=2937) sticky in the Win32 Support forum to make it a little more up to date. It looks like it should be the definitive guide. Yes I also read the readme too, but it doesn't cover everything either..

Problems I had were copy/paste from that thread resulted in multiple white-spaces after the username in db.ini, which ended up giving me MySql Error 2006.

After correcting that, my next problem was that boot5zones.bat was trying to use ZoneNT. Took me only a short while to realise that should just be "zone" (or zone.exe).

My next problem was that I would get 1017 errors since "world adduser eqemu eqemu 200" does not work in 0.4.1+. It took me a LONG time to find any information about creating this user in the database. In the end I downloaded EQAdmin and added eqemu/eqemu. In fact I tried adding my own username/password, and it also took me a while to find out that since I was using minilogin, it always uses eqemu no matter what you try to setup (that wasn't mentioned anywhere).

Someone else I spoke to also had a problem since they used a servername of three of less characters. It isn't mentioned anywhere, but apprently you need to make sure your servername is longer than 3 characters.

So, WOO! I've got my own EQ server running :) THANKYOU for all your hard work. This is MOST excelent.

Now for reference, I was using the 0.4.2-DR1 and 0.4.2-DR1-DB-addon from Telmet (http://www.cecugfile.net).

Problems I have noticed firstly with Telmet's DB.

NPC's do not seem to cast or proc. The only exception I've seen was some drakes in Temple of Veeshan summoned me. I might try the abovementioned "workaround" by changing the AI.

Many of the zones I visited had zone points or safe zone area's which were below the world. Sometimes this resulted in the engine putting me above the world and I'd die to falling, sometimes I saw the world above me as I fell. I had to use Levitation and flymode to get back to the world.

There was no mob aggro, even when I turned off GM status, and no mob assisting. No mob wandering either.

I saw alot of "You hear", or "You see" flags in various zones, from invisible placables, but I guess this is because my acount was ServerOp?

Other than that, Telmet's DB is pretty impressive. Not all loot tables were complete, but I guess that's a huge task. BlackBurrow had nicely completed loot tables though :)

Engine problems I encountered.

If I click on a clicky item, such as the Pegasus Feather cloak for Levitation, and my target is a mob which is not close to me, I lock up the interface until I zone or quit (reported above for spell interuption, it also happens for right-click items with invalid targets). I can't target anything or look at inventory etc etc. I might try the workaround above.

If I try to summon a horse using the Black chain bridle (Seru or Emp drop I think), I get a buff icon, but no horse (didn't try this after turning off Luclin models though - Luclin models made my character, and all my NPC's naked).

If I am wielding a Polished Granite Tomahawk (PGT), and it proc's, my target get's the buff, not me.

Level 1 ranger wielding a single weapon get's off-hand punches, dodges, ripostes and parries (reported above by Drawde).

If I buff up with Warder's Protection, and Zone, I sometimes see the buff icon twice, and I always get the same errors I get when it's cast (a few unrecognised target type or something).

Buff icon's don't drop with the buff, sometimes. I think this has been reported before.

I also agree the regen rate of level 1 monsters when being battled by level 1 character's makes it impossible. They were regening nearly a bub of health a tick. eg a Bixie in ecommons.

Granting my character 400 AA points in the DB, then going to spend them showed that some AA's are not available. I could only select 1 level of Improved Archery. For some reason the last ability in the list is never selectable, which makes me think the real AA list has been offset by one, which would also explain why I could only get 1 level if Improved Archery, since perhaps I was really buying Unlimited Quiver (or whatever it's called).

I could not select ANY PoP AA's, even if I had the prereq.

Casting Greater Wolf Form immediatly reports "You return to your own perspective", even though the buff stays in place.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Hope this is the kind of info that's desired.

-Auldar

ozme
01-23-2003, 02:31 PM
lol i dont c why people bug about horses eather if they want to run fast just cut gm speed on, must be people trying to take screen shots and show them off to their friends

Auldar
01-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Are horses not supported yet? Thought I saw some in screenshots.

It's not about speed, it's about realism isn't it? :)

-Auldar

Trumpcard
01-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Horses are only in development code currently, they havent been released yet...

Have to verify some of the spells effects and make sure they're targeting right. Sounds like me might need to throw a few more checks in for some spells to make sure it's targetting the right person/mob....

About the regen thing..

How about this..

//if(hp_regen == 0)
// hp_regen = 2;

if (hp_regen == 0)
{
if ( d->level > 5 )
hp_regen=1;
else if ( d-> level > 10)
hp_regen=2;
else if ( d->level > 20)
hp_regen=3;
else if ( d->level > 40)
hp_regen=4;
else
hp_regen=0;
}

This will only take place when the mob has zero for a hp_regen in the database, then it will calc. based on level. (probably be better to use a formula like (int) hp_regen= d->level/10

with this, 1-9 would get 0, 10-19 = 1, 20 - 29 = 2, etc...

lemme know which you like better...
1-5, regen = 0, 5-10=1, 11-20 = 2, etc..

Make sense since hp's are going to be proportional to the level. For the time being I'll just hardcode it this way, then maybe come up with a small database table that just has a threshold value based on level...

Have to check the skill code for those combat skills and make sure they are using a valid formula and taking level into account...

Trumpcard
01-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Actually, Im just going to use level/10, will be simplier..

I'll check it in to CVS tonight... Drawde, you want a compiled binary for it?

Drawde
01-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks for offering to send me the binary, but I've a couple of questions - does this
version require the latest EQ patch? How stable/lag-free is it, and are any features "broken" due to the new netcode? (I heard the new packet compression was causing a lot of problems)
Also, another question, what order will the resist values be in in the new npc_types table struct?
I've added the code for this to my parser but don't know which order to output them in.

Trumpcard
01-25-2003, 01:14 AM
it works with the same patch version as 0.4.1.. I havent noticed it being anymore unstable than 0.4.1 .

order of resists in npc_types is MR, CR,DR,FR and PR.

Also, you'll need to drop the hp_regen rate in your database for all the low end mobs to zero, im looking through your database and there are none with a hp_regen_rate of 0 so the calculated rate would never be used anyways.

Drawde
01-25-2003, 03:22 AM
OK then, you can send it to edwardpinniger@bctalk.net .
Thanks for the resist info, I'll put that in ATM.

About HP regen, I originally set it to 1 for low-level creatures but found that was too fast,
so set it to 0. However I then discovered that this caused it to be set to 2, making things even
worse, so returned it to 1 (plus level/6 or so); now you've put the autocalc code in I'll just
put it back to 0 for now.

Drawde
01-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks for sending me the updated zone.exe, it's working OK so far. I also noticed
that the spell interrupt bug has been fixed, and that resists are in.
A couple of questions - are the resist values in npc_types now read by zone.exe? If so
I'll add them to the DB. Secondly, do you think it'd be a good idea to slightly reduce the
buff casting rate of NPCs? I'm fairly certain this is a major cause of lag in some cases;
when in the temple or caster guild areas of cities there are often over a dozen NPCs casting assorted
buffs on themselves and other nearby NPCs. Often they seem to cast buffs only a few seconds
after casting an identical one.
No idea how much processing time or bandwith this takes up though.

One small bug I noticed is that creatures will assist others on the same faction even when their Social flag
is set to 0 (e.g snakes, bats). Good to see assisting is back in though :)

Another odd thing which is probably related to my DB rather than the emu code; the enchanter guildmasters
in Qeynos had all changed themselves into Fire Elementals with the illusion spell! I'm sure I didn't intentionally
put any illusion spells on the Enchanter spell lists, but maybe it got in by accident.. I know in earlier EQEmu
versions enchanters were hard-coded to cast Illusion:Troll when injured, presumably for the regeneration :D

Trumpcard
01-25-2003, 12:45 PM
I fixed the bug with the PGT, hopefully it will work for most procing items. I set the proc target to be based on the spell effects goodEffect flag. There may be a couple of items that proc incorrectly, if you catch them let me know and i'll fix them in the code. This way should supercede the way we were doing it though, so shouldnt be a difference (we only looked for good effects on 2 procing weapons, the rest proced on the mob) This way, any item created with a good spell effect should proc on you, and harmful will proc on who you're fighting..

Buff casting time? I'll take a look, the buffing is coming from neo's NPC AI code, maybe we can spread out the casting a little more. I dont know much about his code, but I'll take a look.

As far as resistances go, I think he put the basis in for them (npc_types supports them, and getters), but they arent quite used yet on attack types. He started, but hasnt completed them yet to my knowledge.