PDA

View Full Version : Developmental Tools

DeletedUser
01-26-2003, 09:58 PM
This is more of an idea i've had for awhile and thought I could post it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been seeing lately that a lot of tools are needed and some of them can't be found up to date anymore. This is where my idea came in one day while I was playing NWN.

-- Hey! A toolset for EQEMu.. --

It's sort of a wack idea because it'd take someone who was knowing what they were doing to do it.

I know it could be possible (besides the area editting) because i've seen various programs do the things it needs to do. They had a zone viewer, quest editors, etc.

My idea for the tools in general would be. It loads up the zone you select and it searches for all the npcs in the database and it places them all around the locations they are set to with all the info that is set in the database. This way you can check if they are correct or not.

At that point, you can float around checking everything to make sure placement, stats, etc are right. This is where the good part comes in. The tool would allow you to right click on an npc and it would select it ( top right corner or something have it tell you what is selected, or have a list of all the npcs in the zone and it goes down and targets it ) then you can right click and you'll have a list of options.

Some options I thought of:
Pathing. ( Easier to set pathing visually )
Edit Visuals. ( Edit the face, gender, race, etc )
Loot. ( Check its loot, see what it drops, see what it wields )
Quest. ( Have a quest editor come up where you can easily make a quest for that certain npc )

This is just a few of the many things that this could do.

From there all the people that worked on it would be a Developmental Tools team, they could possibly go further and start creating other things. Item Editor, Character Editor, Spell Editor.
( Kaiyodo has even gone far into making some of these things )

And right now i'm working on a character editor that is done by editting options and seeing the changes visibly in your "Character Preview Window"

Anyways... Post your thoughts please. :P

Piska
01-27-2003, 02:00 PM
That sounds like a good idea. We start by adding my eqhost changer to the list :).