PDA

View Full Version : Client crash when entering some zones

Drawde
01-27-2003, 01:40 AM
This is an odd bug which may be related to my DB (maybe caused by too many NPCs at the safe point?). It only seems to occur in underground/dungeon zones.
Basically when entering some zones either via #zone or a zone point, the EQ client will crash to desktop. The world and zone servers remain OK with no error messages than "client disconnected" and you can start EQ up again and reconnect to the server. Entering the world with the character in the "bad zone" will crash the client again however; the only way to recover the character is to use #movechar.

Zones I've found to have this problem are Neriak Commons, Solusek's Eye, Nagafen's Lair, Qeynos Aqueduct and City of Mist - probably more but I haven't tried them. The crashing is consistent - it happens whenever I enter these zones, with any character.

Strangely I created a Dark Elf magician and started in the Spurned guildhall in neriakb OK - it was only when I left the zone and tried to return that it crashed. So the problem is presumably related to zoning.

Drawde
01-27-2003, 05:41 AM
I've found that this problem is actually caused by the safe point coordinates for the zone being
wrong. Set them to 0,0,0 and the zone works OK, you end up in the "box" room but can get out with #goto.
I'm trying to find suitable safe points for these zones, and I'll post them here when I find them. Here
are some for Neriak, they all put you near the zone's main gate.

Neriak FQ -1,-121,32
Neriak Commons -56,-903,-38
Neriak 3rd Gate 763,-1199,-80

Lurker_005
01-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Will it still crash if you use #zone with a loc?

Drawde
01-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Sorry, should have tested those coordinates before I posted them, they don't work - I think I need to reverse the x/y values. Will post here again if I manage to get them working.

I didn't realise you could specify a location with #zone, I'll have to try that.

Drawde
01-28-2003, 04:45 AM
Seems like not only do the X and Y coordinates need to be reversed, the Z value also needs to be MULTIPLIED
(not divided) by 10.

These are working (tested) safe points for Neriak:
Neriak FQ 0,0,0
Neriak Commons -903,-56,-380
Neriak 3rd Gate -1199,763,-800

I'll try out some other zones later.