PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in 4.2DR1

Solaris
01-29-2003, 03:54 AM
Things I have noticed so far in 4.2DR1 :

1. Race value above 298 is not supported for npc type spawns. Even when set using EQADMIN they show up as 255 New Tribunal in the Emu. In Plane of Storms I can set my own race to valid zone PoP models above 255 (ie 310 Relv the Mysterious) and even target him and change his race to this and he shows up correct but u cant get him to spawn with his correct model. To simplify this in the next release add code that allows us to set any mobs race/size to a permanent database entry/update.

2. Mob Casting does not seem to work properly. In the database u can set a variable AILevel [1 - 6] and get them to cast but the spells look to be hard coded to me? I can enter a new spell but the mob will not cast it. I tried using EQADMIN and SpawnED to change the spells but still no luck. Also some mobs were casting spells that did not show up in their spell slots under SpawnED or EQADMIN (illusions and pets).

3. Special Attacks are not programmed properly. Example 1- Enrage acts like an auto-riposte on any frontal attack and to the sides 45 deg or so i think it is. Currently in the EMU when MobA enrages the attackers attacks are completely blocked while MobA is riposting all attacks. Example 2 - Nearly all mobs over lvl 51 look to be summoning even if they are not programmed to under the Admin or SpawnED. This looks to be hard-coded.

4. Zone crashes upon entry after char selection screens sometimes. This drops one of the Boot5Zones windows leaving only 4 zones. When tried again for the same zone it works. From time to time this crash happens but is not frequent.

Also I read somewhere where the new #wp does not work as intended and actually leaves u with a messed up database but I havent messed around with it to confirm. These are all I noticed so far and as soon as I find more I will post them here for input.

Trumpcard
01-29-2003, 05:35 AM
1. Already in.. Lyney worked on some code that will allow you to spawn directly to the database.

2. Not sure how spells lists are determined..

3. Enrage is currently using the riposte code, so thats why it works that way..

4. I havent noticed this problem, is there a specfic course of events for this? If we can't replicate it, we cant really fix it

Solaris
01-29-2003, 06:22 AM
- #zsafecoords xyz
For some zones this looks to be [y x z]
Also I have noticed in some zones like PoP zones the Z axis is way off and the above CMD works when it wants to. Some zones it seems to work even with reversing x y and others it seems to do nothing when trying to reset a safezone point.

- Doors do not show up in any zone.

- While trying to equip Ton Po's Helm of Composure in Akheva it instantly crashes the zone. This could be the focus effect for that item. All the other pieces seem to work for the moment.

- Waypoints: While in Akheva I messed around setting WP for a few mobs with no problems except all of the mobs were skipping instead of walking to the set WP's. Is there any way to fix this currently?

Solaris
02-02-2003, 04:24 PM
4.2DR1 Telmet

1. #zonespawn ADD

This doesnt seem to populate any zone. Perhaps some of the code is missing? All this command does is add a spawn to the database but it does not show up in any zone nor is there currently any way that I have found to POPULATE any zone. All u can do currently is edit existing spawns. If anyone has found a way plz post a step by step solution here, thnx.

2. #npccasts

This command is broken.

3. #dbspawn2

This doesnt work either, unless its SPAWNGROUP is something different than what the database has on record.

Trumpcard
02-02-2003, 08:23 PM
With the Tom's items, it doesnt work because in the code we currently have a hard limit on the SPDAT of 3602, Faerune is 3660..

We need to come up with a way of preprocessing spells_en.txt to find the max number dynamiclly, and then setting SPDAT_RECORDS from that.

Doors- Doors work fine for me on linux, not sure if it might be a windows specific problem, or you just have something wrong in your database.

npccasts - There is not an npccasts command, there is npccast, and it appears to be working on my server. What do you mean 'the command is broken' ? It doesnt show up at all, or it doesnt work correctly? Make sure your status is high enough to use it..

Solaris
02-03-2003, 03:20 AM
1. The correct command is #npccast i am not sure why i added the extra 's' on the end. Anyway, the format for the above command is something like #npccast [targetname] [spellid] and the mob u want to cast the spell has to be targetted.

Example:
- target mob [testmob] then type #npccast testmob 1381
- an error occurs and says that it cannot find 'testmob'

This was tried on existing spawns in Freeport and other zones and the same error pops up.

2. Doors - I have dropped the doors.sql in my database and resourced them using 2 different database doors.sql files and still cannot see any doors. The data is there in the SQL but they do not show up. I am using Windows XP with all current updates for this OS.

3. #zonespawn ADD
Oddly enough this morning when i logged back into my emu server 'ROOTS' my wolf pet 'Fluffy' was at the tent in West Freeport where I spawned and added him last night. At the time I made him, I reset the server several times to see if he would spawn which he did not. So, since this happened I zoned into PoEarthA where I had added 2 spawns to the database using the above command and there were no spawns. I checked all spawns for that zone using #listnpcs and none were listed. Later on today I will get around to testing other zones (non PoP) to see if they work or not.

DeletedUser
02-03-2003, 03:45 AM
NPCs have three numbers attached to the end of their name... (#showstats) TestMob000

Complain to telmet for his own bugs, you may notice his is not 0.4.2DR1 but 0.4.2DR1-Telmet

Doors work fine, you have a bad database

Waypoints are very fragile, I do not suggest using them at the moment