PDA

View Full Version : What is to come

Nefarious
01-16-2002, 07:25 AM
I'm am working on some code so that spawns form the DB can have a definable heading so they are not all looking at 0 or North.

And i'll try to do anyhting anyone wants me to do :)

Just send me a message in irc, or e-mail me or post it and i will try to do what i can.

Gino
01-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Would be nice if you could get the size of mobs entered in the DB, to have effect in game.
I hate to see all those coldains jumping like frogs.

Then 2 bugs i encountered :

Con msg for blue ones are screwed, maybe others as well.

Sometimes (not always) after creating a new char and trying to enter the world client seem to get stuck.
I encountered this myself but can see this as well in my Database from loc entries of people,
who created chars but never made a single 0.1 move out of the very first spawnpoint.

However shut down client and log in again seem to fix that, so not really important but would be nice.

Regards
Gino

Nefarious
01-19-2002, 02:29 PM
I'll try and get the size working, i don't think it should be to hard....

As for the spawning at 0,0,0...
Usually this isn't defined when you make a chara, you spawn at the zones safe point.

However, we could make it so that you spawn at a different point for their race/class...

I think i might do that =p

Gino
01-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Ok need to clear that up i guess.

The fact that some people make a char on my server and all got the same loc entered in the DB as last position, could be prove that they tried to log in, but encountered the same bug i did and crashed.

The char gets removed and stays in the DB with always the same loc entries if they dont try again.

Found like 10 in the DB just today.

Regards

Gino