PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another.....

PuffMag1cDrag0n
02-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Ok, i got Minilogin to work right(thx guys) i make my character and start to login but it crashes..... i bet its been said before but could someone either point me to the thread or post a solution? thx

Baron Sprite
02-19-2002, 01:13 PM
what type of crash? memory error? just a boot back to login? or the zone file not found one?

PuffMag1cDrag0n
02-19-2002, 01:21 PM
It boots me to Server select
Messages From zone server:

Map: Maps\gfaydark.map not found
Reading zhdr file './cfg/gfaydark.cfg'
Reading zhdr file './cfg/gfaydark.cfg'

-------------------------
zone server 'gfaydark' listening on port:9004
------------------------
New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port:1211
login packet 1
login packet 2
Client disconnected

some other blabber

Also when i start EQemu and start logging into the server EQW crashes and i can't even see the make character screen thought i can push "enter" and attempt to login my already made character

jimmy
02-20-2002, 03:45 AM
Because of the new client patch the emulator is broken and will not allow you to enter a zone.

I have found that in the zone code that the code is showing the client as non-active and drops the client. I have the problem tracked down and will have it fixed in a day or so.

It would be nice if the people working in the code would release a quick fix for version 2.3 so it is usable.

EthernalQuest had the same problem but they released a quick fix and it's working again. I'm going to dig into thier source code and figure out what they did to fix the zone/client load issue.

I'll keep you informed.