PDA

View Full Version : Question on the database

mByte
02-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Ok first off here is what I want to do.

I want to be able to view all the enteries from the database items, zones, spawn information, character's and there information, as well as guild information.

so far I have gotten spawns, zone, and charater list.

Here is my question/problem
When pulling the blob field from the database I can return the lines that are in the text file with out the \0\0's. I am assuming its a binary field because only the binarywrite function works.

Now here is what I get

Leather TunicIT6363d

Drawde
02-21-2002, 02:56 AM
If you want to edit the items, etc in the DB or view information on them, the best way I think is to use Windcatcher's EQEmu Admin program, there should be a link to it on the 3rd Party Tools forum.

mByte
02-21-2002, 04:25 AM
Yea I use that but, It dosnt work on the web to view the information making it avaialbe to the players of the server.

Anybody know how to get in contact with windcatcher so I can create a com file or something.

Drawde
02-21-2002, 07:34 AM
I see what you mean now, you want to put in code to view item info in-game. Sorry I can't help you with it as I've no idea how the binary item data is organised either (binary data is not my strong point programming-wise, to say the least)

Trumpcard
02-21-2002, 07:38 AM
Im working on creating a emu specific admin tool that will allow you too play with this stuff from the web.. Im doing it because I wanted a way to mess with my database thats inside the firewall, so the solution was to write some PHP pages that would allow me to do it..

Now if I can just figure out how to handle BLOBS in PHP, I'll be good too go..

ZeroDegrez
02-21-2002, 09:17 AM
BLOBS?

Minara
02-21-2002, 09:31 AM
(B)inary (L)arge (O)(B)jects

ZeroDegrez
02-21-2002, 09:46 AM
ahhh, makes more since now ;)

Why not ask W.C. to let you add a net code to EQAdmin so you can access it remotely, if that is what you are trying to do...as i understand it.

Trumpcard
02-21-2002, 11:18 AM
What i need to do is look at WC's sql calls to handle spreading out the columns in the BLOB. Dumping the raw data out, and i can see the values, just need to figure out how to properly sort them and edit them and get them back in.. never dealt with this struct before.

As far as the net code goes, his admin tool will work over the net (if the database is accessible from the outside world). Im doing this so I can make an editor to go over my firewall through the webserver

mByte
02-21-2002, 02:52 PM
I wrote mine in a C# and compiled it into a COM file but stuck on the blobk filed

Anybody know where I can get the source file for the admin utility so I can see how the bolb field is done?

Trumpcard
02-22-2002, 01:05 AM
Im pretty close to getting it working, I'll send you what Ive got once I get it completely in and feel comfortable I havent *%&^$ anything up.

Yodason
02-24-2002, 03:33 AM
look at the structure for item_struct in the header file with all the structs in it =)