PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Admin Tool 3.5 (yes, already)

Windcatcher
02-15-2003, 07:43 PM
I know, I only just release 3.4 a few hours ago, but this is too good to hold onto... :P

1. Spawns tab: added a "copy record" button. This can be used to quickly duplicate a spawn in a particular zone. The new spawn will automatically be placed at the same Z position, but its X and Y values will differ from the original spawn by a small random amount. It will automatically be the last spawn in the spawn list for that zone.

2. Added support for the forage and city_defense tables.

3. Spawns tab: added a pathing grid sub pane that shows the pathing grid table.

4. Spawns tab (spawns sub pane) added the ability to create spawn paths using data from duplicate spawn info.

When capturing spawn data, there are often duplicate spawn records showing the same spawn in different locations. This new facility allows the user to collect the data from all these duplicate records and make pathing waypoints from this data. On the spawns sub pane, the spawn database grid has been placed onto another tabbed pane with two tabs. The first tab simply shows the spawn listings from the database. The second tab will display a listing of all x,y,z locations for a given spawn and allow you to construct a path from this data. For each duplicate spawn found, the locations of it are listed, and there is a checkbox where you can decide whether or not to use that location in the path. There are buttons at the bottom for changing the order of the pathing waypoints, by letting you move a waypoint up or down in the list. The original spawn point should ALWAYS be the first waypoint! There is also a button for copying a waypoint, in the event that a complicated patrol path requires that the spawn revisit certain points. Finally, there is a change path button. For a particular spawn, this button will either replace the path if it already exists or will make a new path if the spawn didn't already have one. Note that if you have multiple spawns using the same path, the path will be changed for ALL of them.

Note that when a path is created and assigned to a spawn, it is only assigned for THAT PARTICULAR spawn, at THAT PARTICULAR location (not for all the duplicates). The idea here is to choose the original spawn point and only assign the path to that point. Then delete the duplicates once you're done. When you are using this feature to create a spawn, the path you are working on is shown in cyan (light blue) and the waypoint you have highlighted on the waypoint grid is outlined in a large cyan square.

5. Spawns tab: added a button that gives you the option of seeing all pathing information for all the spawns in the zone. It is by default on, and shows the paths in magenta.

As usual, it's just been uploaded, so look for it on the download page within the hour.

Wind

killspree
02-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Downloaded 3.5, and when I try to start it gives the error:

Access violation at address 0051492D in module 'FQAdmind.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

Windcatcher
02-15-2003, 08:07 PM
I'm looking into it. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet...Does it happen immediately, or after it starts loading tables on the little splash screen?

Another question: is your DB empty or populated?

killspree
02-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Happens immediately. It's a custom db that I'm creating for the Project Atlantis server, so it has totally unique spawns and items.

Q-Dog
02-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Happens to me as well, followed by many other errors.

It happens as soon as it is executed and my DB is populated, Items spawns, have mapfiles as well.\

What it looks like from the last error is that you hardcoded database "eq41" somewhere and it is trying to reference it.

Here are the error messages, other then the one already posted...

1) Software exception: somehexvalue

2) Application Error
Exception EDatabaseError in module FQAdmin.exe at somehexvalue, Unknown database 'eq41'.

Windcatcher
02-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Aha. I think I've found it. I inadvertently set a query to active on startup. They should all start up inactive so it can set the database to the right name first. I also found a bug in the path creation code that I fixed. I'll upload a 3.51 shortly.