PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect on EqEmu Servers

IAscubasteve
02-16-2003, 11:09 AM
This may have already been answered, but ive spent a few hours looking for it now

When logging into the ForeverHacking Server, or the Guild Wars Server, 99% of the time i go ld, either before it loads my characters up, or after i select the character. I've run the fix, have most updated EqEmu, and havent patched in well over a month now, any suggestions on a way to fix it?

Hardy
02-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Whats your datarate? Its located in your EQ folder called datarate.txt i believe. I don't have any problems at all, my datarate is set at 5.0, I got disconnected 1 time today from guild wars, and I was playing for about 3 hours.

sinisterrabbit
02-17-2003, 12:44 AM
I am also having the same problem except I haven't even been able to make a character! I get to the end of it's creation and it just disconnects me. My datarate 5.0 so I'm not sure why.

berrybrainz
02-18-2003, 04:31 AM
I can't even get into the char select screen...it disconnects me after the server is done loading

gokuhi
03-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I think it has something to do with latest patchest and such.. goddamn verant

Toofles
03-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I think it has something to do with latest patchest and such.. goddamn verant

[Insert some fellow who thinks he is witty saying that Verant doesn't exist anymore because they've been absorbed by SOE here]

Quantumm
03-06-2003, 04:00 AM
I have been having the same problem recently too. And when I do get on I will get dropped sometimes and when I try to go back on that character I can't. It isn't fun to keep making characters to play for like 10-15 minutes lol.

Vermea
03-06-2003, 07:37 AM
I'm not saying there's no hope for you, but just keep in mind that there are some who are just are cursed with a bad connection (no matter how fast it may be). I know that Vash can't play guildwars because he gets disconnected. He's asked Image and Image has no clue.....again, i'm not sayin that's it, but if nothing else works, you may consider that you're cursed.

Kalizkhan
03-06-2003, 02:17 PM
ppl that get dumped back to server select at char select/creation i refer you to this post http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=5677

sunray
06-13-2003, 05:42 PM
I've had a similar problem where I could not log into a server. I would get so far as the character screen, and I could create characters. Upon trying to log into a character, I would be booted back to the desktop.

I tried a few things, short of a full install and discovered (at least for me), that once I delete the ini files associated with the character I could then log in as that character.

YMMV,
Jason

Cornball2eat
06-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Kal lol thats just gives local server info that that works and lots of same problems...i think most people wanna play with others

Mandrayke
06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Can anyone help with the LD prob?