PDA

View Full Version : FIX for crash to server after trying to enter world

InZainia
02-17-2003, 07:42 AM
ok if your havin the same problem many seem to be having i finally got it working, youll need to do this exactly tho

first goto your mysql dir c:\mysql\data\
and copy the eq dir somewhere safe incase this doesnt work for you you can then put it back and you will be where you were before this

then:
delete the eq dir in c:\mysql\data\ so you can start another db named eq, or use the mysql and the drop database command (im not knowledgeable in mysql i do it the easy way)

next:
get the file db.sql from the original eqemu 0.4.2
get file world db 1.1 beta 3 from this link

http://www.edwardpinniger.bctalk.net/eq/worlddata1.1beta3.zip

copy the file db.sql from c:\eqemu to c:\mysql\bin

extract worlddata1.beta3.zip to c:\mysql\bin (((make sure use folder names is NOT checked ))) or it will make a dir in c:\mysql\bin called worlddata c:\mysql\bin\worlddata will have the files in it, if you accidentally do this just move all the files from c:\mysql\bin\worlddata to c:\mysql\bin

then load mysql.exe from c:\mysql\bin
and type "create database eq" without quotes
type "use eq" without quotes
type "source db.sql" without quotes
alot of stuff should scroll by
then type "source reloaddb.sql" without quotes
more scrolling stuff
then close mysql and open a command prompt **EDIT** however you load a dospromt/command promt window(98 think its start programs dosprompt)
click start then run and type "cmd" without quotes and hit <enter>
type "cd\eqemu" without quotes and hit <enter>
current dir should be c:\eqemu
type following..
"world.exe eqemu eqemu 200" without quotes
ok all done BUT will not have items in game need to add items from a different db but will have all normal zones ,spawns etc.. everything else seems good im now gonna work on item integrqation ill edit this when i get that done too
but ive loaded the game and logged into my world and played with the above theres just no items hehehe
hope this helps

***edit*** ok just tested it and YES it works find any db update with an items.sql in it and then gointo mysql like above and type source items.sql and itll add all the items , just looted a rat woot and all venders have their warez woo hoo now to get factions fixed so monsters will attack you if they dont like you whew... off i go.... /em walks into the wild blue yonder...

Hardy
02-17-2003, 08:05 AM
click start then run and type "cmd" without quotes and hit <enter>

Typing cmd don't work on windows 98 (not for me anyway) you need to type in command for win98 users

Foxfire2b
02-20-2003, 07:43 AM
The normal zones are up and working but when i go through all these steps get in game and #zone to cazicthule or kael or some other zones I just get booted back to the desktop. I've had this problem ever since i tried to get my own local server running. Can't find any solution for this problem and trust me i have looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bigpull
02-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Fox, try changing the safe cords for those zones they're wrong..

Foxfire2b
02-21-2003, 07:37 AM
How do I change them to a different point when I can't get into the zone and find out? Would that really cause me to crash to desktop though?

Trumpcard
02-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Most definitely