PDA

View Full Version : Server is locked, need some suggestions on how to unlock

Icebluud
02-18-2003, 07:31 PM
You all really made it easy setting things up. nice walkthroughs and all. I can get on servers and even made one of my own. My problem is that my server is locked. when I created the server I wanted to have a chance to set up some control so I set locked=false to true in the loginserver.ini. once I was up and running I wanted to log in so I shut it down set the value to false and started it back up...still is locked. I tried restarting my comp, and even replaced the ini file with a fresh downloaded one. havn't been able to find what the problem is anyone have a suggestion??

O6scured
02-18-2003, 08:20 PM
oy... Id so be able to answer this cause it drove me nuts one time too.... only thing is I forgot how I solved it and I'm out of practice regarding eqemu since I've never been able to play on my own local server and yet to set up a computer I could use for a network server.

Stial
02-19-2003, 10:58 AM
I have the same problem.

Icebluud
02-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Ok so it's good that it's something that others have had...I guess. Anyone have an idea on what I can try?

JP
02-19-2003, 02:52 PM
I had this with 4.2, I had to add the IP addresses of my zone servers to table zoneserver_auth and problem went away.

In my case in the zoneservers there were lines like "InitWorldServer Failed", and on the world server there was a spamming message about connection from 127.0.0.1 failing auth.

Hope this helps.

JP

Icebluud
02-21-2003, 03:55 PM
OK I'm guessing that any time there is an error with a server it gets locked. when I open the world this is what I get.

@localhost' (Using password: YES)
EQEMu 0.4.2 eRAMNotes Sucks!
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
Error in LoadVariables query 'SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp() FROM varia
bles where unix_timestamp(ts) >= 0' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in LoadZoneNames query 'SELECT MAX(zoneidnumber) FROM zone' #2006: MySQL s
erver has gone away
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id), count(*) FROM items' #2006: MySQL
server has gone away
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
...done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...Error in LoadGuilds query 'SELECT id, eqid, name, leader,
rank0title, rank1, rank1title, rank2, rank2title, rank3, rank3title, rank4, rank
4title, rank5, rank5title from guilds' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
done.
Loading EQ time of day...Reading time file failed, bytes read: 0
failed.
Please don't make me a levelme server. :(
World server listening on: 66.63.66.240:9000
Error in LoadVariables query 'SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp() FROM varia
bles where unix_timestamp(ts) >= 0' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin2.eqemu.net:5999

I followed the instructions but it seems like there are files that the program can't read..I'm not good with programing and I'm sure that the errors would make more sense to me if I was. anyone know how to fix these errors?

Trumpcard
02-21-2003, 05:28 PM
You need to add the ts column to your database.

Try to do an update and add the table and it will get rid of that error.

try

alter table variables add (ts timestamp);

Icebluud
02-21-2003, 06:00 PM
ok I kind of understand what youre saying from what I know of db's. there is a table that the program needs info from that's not there. the only db I used in this that I can think of is the eq folder that I copied into my sql dir. what's the command to add the timestamp to it? I opened mysql.exe and typed in the line you told me "alter table variables (ts timestamp)" and all I got was a new line like this:
-->
maybe I'm close maybe I have no clue as to what you're talking about :P if you think you can help pls cotinue trump

Trumpcard
02-21-2003, 06:15 PM
YOu need to go into mysql and execute the command I just gave you..

C:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe

then type those commands. A database table is just like a spreadsheet, its made up of columns of information with data in it. One of your columns is missing.

IAMadness
02-21-2003, 09:39 PM
:( Same problem but i can also enter any username and password and it's excepted , but even if i use correct ones one of those dos window looking things says its wrong , boot5 crashes 2 secounds after starting with windows wanting to send error report but i just didnt let anything close .....stupid winxp tried everything else here and it all seems fine

Ferbal
02-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Well, my own server i tried creating says locked as well...i don't know why either.....when i open the world.exe everything goes fine, there are NO error messages.....i have no idea what it could be either.....<wonders what the problem could be....>

Icebluud
02-22-2003, 06:15 AM
k I wasn't putting the s in variables. got an ERROR:1060 duplicate column name ts. tried the same command line only with remove/delete instead of add. was thinking if I could remove and re add ts maybe it would help. don't klnow the commant for it though niether would work. think when I get home I'm gonna whipe the db and set it up again maybe that will fix it.

Kliq
02-22-2003, 06:17 AM
My server's locked, but when I click it and hit enter world or whatever the button says, it still logs onto the server =p

Ferbal
02-22-2003, 06:28 AM
grr lucky you! ;p mine just says EQemu Error: World is locked ......or soemthin similar to that ;p

Foxxer
02-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Soulition = Set up EQAdmin and set your account to ServerOP... this will allow you to log in to your server even though its locked.... there is another way to do, go back and read the read me closer =D