PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions reguarding Zone Server.

MrCursed
01-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Hello

First question is that is there a way to connect to my own server with out going through Login server? This is what I did:
I deleted the eqmain.dll from my eq folder and removed LoginServer.ini and started the World.exe. Then I booted up the boot5zone thing and tried to run eqgame.exe patchme. It gave me an error that read something like "cannot load eqmain.dll" So I couldn't load up a playable eq without eqmail.dll, but i don't want to go though the eq login screen.. By the way I updated my eq just today through the live eq patching system.

Second question is reguarding my own server. when I decided to leave loginserver.ini in and booted up server, i tried to connect to my own server through the login server. I could see my server on the list (Lorvax 0.2.0) I can get to the character selection but when I click enter world, my eq freezes. when I Clt-Control-del to my task manageer, it showed that an error box poped up saying,

"Zone.exe has produced an error, and it will be shut down.."

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, cause i could go into other ppl's servers just fine.... well I hope some one can help me out, thanks

madborg
01-21-2002, 12:55 PM
The eqhost.txt file is what directs you to the login servers. So when you change it to the frag address, you no long have to worry about going to EQ.

use either eqw 2.2 or eqgame patchme for your client

if you need to patch, change your eqhost.txt back (you did save the original right?)

As for your zone.exe problem -- no idea why your character entered the zone assuming that you have run boot5zones.bat.