PDA

View Full Version : Crash after choosing char, dont want mysql 4 my own server..

Rahaccolo
02-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey all who read this, look, I know that people see this subject in some form or another here in the forums. I have read those. They only point me where MySQL, minilogin and the others needed to start a server are on. The readme tells me that i dont need those to play on a server. The problem is that After I pick a character to use on a certain server, the EQW or fullscreen EQ will crash. I have loaded the patch, installed the necessary files stated by the readme in order to play. I don't know, maybe its just me or the Readme or FAQ's need to be updated or something, because the forums only point my troubles to all of these things saying i need all these extra things to run EQEMU, and I looked these items up and its for setting up a server, unless someone tells me otherwise. I have tried everything, believe me. hopefully someone is on the forums at the time I'm posting these for immediate help. Oh, BTW, the crashes happen about half the time, it takes me, on average, about 3 (you read right, 3) hours for about an hour of playtime on EQ before i go LD when I zone most of the time. I am running an Athlon 1800+ with 128 MB RAM, 10GB HDD, the setting on all of the ini files are correct, color, everything. This is my last attempt to try and make EQEMU cooperate. Please help me out here.