PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party application request

p4lm0r3
02-27-2003, 08:48 PM
For you coders out there I have an application request, I have limited skils my self in Turbo Pascal (hold the laughs) lol but it's been years since I've touched a program, and I know Pascal wont be the best route for this request..

Basically, a program that would scan either the MySQL server database of your choosing, or even a database txt file dump, for Duplicate spawn types, entry's and so on, i.e. 4 of the same gaurds grouped together at the freeport west gate.

It would search npc types, spawn2, spawn entrys etc for dupelicate entries. Then display a list of each duplicate spawn located if a list box, giving you the option of what to remove..

Maybe have locs of each spawn next to the names on the list i.e. expanding trees with full list of dupes, list how many dupes exist etc and the option to delete all or X number of spawns from al aspects of the database (spawnentrys/spawn2 so on)

The basic idea of this shouldn't be tooo hard as you can create a dynamic array that populates it self with each scanned spawn entry and check each new one against itself so on..

I'm sure this would help some of us out ALOT we can combine all current spawn databases into one massive DB, compile it, and rip out any dupe ground spawns fast and easy, my current database for spawns is 23meg, and it's kinda disappointing seeing 4 -5 of the same merchant standing next to each other lol.

I've tried manually removing each dupe, and using EQadmin with the dupe spawn check box under the spawns tab, but scrolling through a few thousand lines of mobs becomes very confusing and midwracking =(

If anyone would Please help, it would help alot of us out I'm sure

You can also contact me at Palmore@hotmail.com.

Thanks for your time =)

Windcatcher
03-01-2003, 11:05 AM
My admin tool does this graphically. It connects to the database, where you can either click on a spawn record or on a spawn "dot" on the visible map, and it will show you the locations of all duplicate spawns. It's got facilities for going to each duplicate record and removing them. You can also build up a path for the NPC to walk from the extra spawn locations before removing them.

p4lm0r3
03-01-2003, 11:21 AM
aye, but going thru almost 200 zones and x amount of mobs takes a bit of time, I've went through a few zones and deleted dupes using EQadmin, except it actually didn't seem to work, all dupe spawns where still there, I'm going to try again once I finish pulling apart the info for each zone and do it one zone at a time, then have add in DBs for each zone =)

Q-Dog
03-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Make sure you hit "Commit Changes" that can be a bitch if you forget ;).

p4lm0r3
03-01-2003, 10:46 PM
lol thanx for reminding me, but I don't think I'm that out'a it.
it's funny how many ppl have a snappy, smart comment, but that's al they have lol.

Q-Dog
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Yep.

Bob98112
03-05-2003, 03:32 AM
p4lm0r3,

You can have my source code if you want it. I wrote an app to do exactly what you are asking. It is in VC++/MFC and uses MyODBC to talk to mysql. Another feature of the app is to pack the NPC_TYPES after dups are removed. It works well but, because of the way the DB was originally setup- It removes a bit too much. You still need to handcraft some zones... Even after deleting by distance (spawn2) or dupe NPCType.

I tried emailing several people here supposedly doing EQEMu DB work offering my help. My Offer to help was turned down in all cases. Since I don't have much free time anyway, I just gave up on doing any more EqEmu database work. <shrug>

There has been alot of great work done on various EMU databases. Still, I look forward to the day when one is released that more resembles EqLive.

PM me your email address and I will send ya a copy of the source.

BoB

Trumpcard
03-05-2003, 03:51 AM
Hey Bob! Been wondering what happened to ya! Hope you're doing well !