PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys umm, a little help maybe?

SilentNinja
02-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Ok, I have seen NUMEROUS posts that concern the same or along the lines of the problem I am about to request help for. And all I have seen is the same fucking answer which does NOT help any of us out AT ALL. I will give the problem first and then the stupid answers people have given and tell you whats wrong STILL and maybe SOMEONE can help us... Maybe the people who own this site who are the original programmers? Check the help section much?

First off PROBLEM :arrow: : When clicking on play everquest after choosing your server. It bumps you back to screen with an error... Not sure what it is cause whenever I go LD or if EQ closes on my computer it freezes. So all i know is it does not reach the character login screen, or doesn't even get to the loading screen right after choosing your server.........Second problem is the patch that they created. First off, we download the file named EQEmuPatcher. Then run it. It asks us for our EQ directry. We give the directry C:/... Then we run the file named patch which was installed into our EQ folder when we ran the FIRST program that we downloaded. When we run the file it says exactly this:

==============================================
:!: Run-time ERROR '430':
Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface. :!:
==============================================

Now, I KNOW I have everything installed correctly. Host file is updated to play on EQEmu servers. I use EQW and do not have any boxes checked when openning EQ in order to play on EQEmu servers. NOTHING is changed out of the EQ folders like interfaces or graphic changes from eqinterface.com. I am running Win 98.

Some peoples answers to questions like these :arrow: :
Person says, "Just download the patcher and run it." <--wrong :twisted: Obviously we have DONE that already moron. Doing it again won't help.
Person says, "You might have something wrong with windows." <--wrong :twisted: Ok then, if your going to give us this intelligent answer. Please give more detail. Or it doesn't help to give us an answer we already know.
Person says, "Well, you might need to re-install EQ." <--wrong :twisted: because I have done that.

Now PLEASE... would someone help the people who don't know exactly as much about programming as you do. I gave you as much information and will give you MORE at request.

AdVoCaTe
02-27-2003, 11:43 PM
ok check it out....i can get you in, Download Mdac files off http://www.eqemu.net/patcher/mdac_typ.exe , then run mdac installation and reboot then repatch using eqemu or using the run command from windows with the patchme

( ie c:\programfiles\sony\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme )

that will kill the 430 error

leme know how things go

SilentNinja
02-28-2003, 06:48 AM
Awsome! Patcher works now :D ... Now it seems the login servers or down or something. Can't login says Error 1010. But i think thats just the login servers. Once i get in and im able to play ill let you know. Pretty sure that would have worked, and thanks again!