PDA

View Full Version : Has EQEmu been "over-patched"?

DarkCobalt
02-28-2003, 04:03 AM
Hello. I have W98SE and...

- I have installed Everquest (clean)
- I have FULLY patched Everquest (and LOY)
- I have modified eqhost.txt successfully
- I have installed EQEmu Patcher (Yes, in the EQ directory)
- I have installed the Data Access Controllers (MDAC)
- I have even tried replacing EQUI_Animations.xml

Everything is done correctly. I swear it for my 12 years of experience. But the problem is that when I try running the EQEmu Patcher, I get "Runtime Error '-2147287038 (80030002)' <blah blah> patchsrv.dat cannot be found.
In the log it all seems like I connect to the patch server but then something goes wrong. I have read many posts where many users suffer from the same problem.

GetFile Filename: patch.dat
Response Completed!
Size: 333 Chunk: 1024
Size DL: 333
GetFile Completed: 2614

That's what is in the log.
I would like someone to explain me WHY some people can access and why others can't. Probably I have "over-upgraded" my Everquest (i.e. the official patch has "over-patched" EQEmu).

So, I run the game, and the server list is all fine. I try to log onto one of the servers, and I get the same result with them all...
Error 1017: Cannot Login...
This is why I say that EQEmu has been "over-patched" by the official patch. I guess I will have to wait until the next version of EQEmu comes out, huh?

Shawn319
02-28-2003, 06:53 AM
http://www.eqemu.net/patcher/mdac_typ.exe

DarkCobalt
02-28-2003, 06:58 AM
With all due respect...
I TOLD YOU I INSTALLED IT ALREADY! DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST?

Sorry for being rough but I think you should read the ENTIRE post before typing your answer. I know you're busy but reading a little does not hurt anyone. So please read it again, this time READ IT COMPLETELY, and think again.

I apologize for any inconveniences caused, but I tend to get angry when misinterpreted.

Shawn319
02-28-2003, 07:00 AM
oh sorry, i'm going around to all the threads and giving that link. 99% of the threads on this forum are about patcher problems now and this seems to fix 99.99999% of them.

I think the current EQ patch (with full LoY) has some file that the patcher doesnt. just have to wait till thats fixed.

Vermea
02-28-2003, 07:07 AM
so what of my problem?

1608: Cannot create InstallDriver isntance?

that makes 0 sense to me and I know it's not the MDAC problem because I ran that file. I also know it's not the LoY thing because I cant get it to install, it says that when i'm TRYING to install. I can't think of any reason for it.

DarkCobalt
02-28-2003, 07:07 AM
It's okay, don't worry about it.

EDIT:
Hmmm... Vermea, when does exactly that message appear?

Vermea
02-28-2003, 12:20 PM
I start the installer and it extracts all the files needed. Then it brings up the installshield and it says it's checking the operating system, and the on to the next task. Configuring Windows Installer. As it's "configuring" my windows installer, that message pops up.

1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance

It seems to have stumped everyone cuz nobody wants to address it :)

DarkCobalt
02-28-2003, 01:58 PM
You hit quite a rare initialization error!
Visit this link for further information, possible causes and possible solution.
http://www.artsong.org/install.htm
Tell me if it works.

Vermea
02-28-2003, 03:39 PM
I read that page and the page from the InstallShield website. I followed both set of instructions to the letter (besides reinstalling my OS mainly because it's only about 2 or 3 weeks old). It was all to no avail. Maybe I'm doomed to never have another patch again :) All I can hope is that the dev's come out with a different method of installing the patcher....maybe just for us rare cases :)

Wow...wouldn't you know that I stumble apon a super-rare error....just my like lol.

Vermea
02-28-2003, 03:53 PM
WOW!!! I got it working!! That's quite unexpected. Here's how it went down.

I read on a website to install Client for Microsoft Windows so I went

My Network Place -> Right Clicked Local Area Connection -> Clicked Install -> Selected Client -> Clicked okay -> Rebooted -> Installed EQPatcher!!!

Woo! Thanks for the push in the right direction though. I'm sure some of that stuff contributed to it. It's hard to tell after you've done so much and then it finally starts working.

IAVice
03-01-2003, 09:50 AM
yes MDaC Didnt help me either