PDA

View Full Version : multiple triggers redux

versan
02-28-2003, 10:10 PM
I posted this over in world building before I saw the new quest code. I'm needing to set up a faction based trigger, something like this...

if faction >= warmly {
say hey, welcome to my home, charname }
else {
say you're unwelcome here. I will now teleport you out.
cast spell translocate on charname
}

is the faction check command still going to be the same and just nested within an if statement? Thanks in advance.

edit: mostly asleep, lots of typos

just_add_water
03-02-2003, 06:14 PM
This forum isn't for asking people to make your quests for you.

btw theres no fraction check command as of yet.

RevlinXevlin
03-03-2003, 02:15 AM
He didn't ask for someone to make a quest for him, he told you what he wanted to do and asked for one piece of code that he couldn't see.

Read the first post before posting a reply, you look less dumb.

Trumpcard
03-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Yea JAW, I have to agree, that was a bit rude... Considering how new and relatively undocumented the new quest system is, I dont see what wrong with this post.

just_add_water
03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
LoL, sorry then ;)

I talk to Wes to check fraction checks in asap, but this is the best i can do atm.

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say ("Hey, welcome to my home, $user .") }
/* If fraction below warm
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say ("You're unwelcome here. I will now teleport you out. ") cast($userid,SpellID) }
*/
}

versan
03-04-2003, 01:38 AM
LoL, sorry then ;)

I talk to Wes to check fraction checks in asap, but this is the best i can do atm.

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say ("Hey, welcome to my home, $user .") }
/* If fraction below warm
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say ("You're unwelcome here. I will now teleport you out. ") cast($userid,SpellID) }
*/
}

Thanks, this was pretty much the response I was looking for. I know what the code needs to look like, assuming there's a faction checking function in the new system.

Now then, to address my original post, on every forum for every variety of programming code I've ever been to, the norm is to post the code you're having issues with so that the others in the forum can see it. Since the new quest system isn't fully implemented yet, I posted pseudo-code for what I was looking to do. /shrug maybe that's not what it looked like, but as I stated in my edit note, I was quite tired.