PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get it to work for 9 hours straight.

Jaxen
03-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Only stopped for dinner.

I have windows XP.

Ok i have just got everquest. I installed it, followed the readme, but when it says to change the info for the shortcut to eqgame patchme command line. It did not like it. with or without patchme it tells me to run everquest exe.
I then applied the login info again. Still no worky.
I then tried to use the patcher. To no avail
I then patched from eqlive to the latest. This sucked my soul through the pores of my skin. It took 2 and a half hours. At the end with my fully patched game it still tells me to run everquest.exe. So i do but every time it patches it downloads the eqhost.txt. Then i thought why not patch then rewrite the .txt.
I did YAY it works. But no servers will accept me. I find out my eq is overpatched.

The main problem i can see with this is that the patcher can't run properly. It has not been able to find the patchsrv.dat any time i tell it to. And frankly it was never on my 'puter. This i am a bit befuddled with.

So my options seem to stem fiveways
1) Mdac i have heard can fix patcher, this problem?
2) i have sent an email to dev
3) I am posting here for help
4) Suicide
5) give up (NO!)

Please help me this game looks awesome.

Contact me if you need any more info to help diagnosis.

DarkCobalt
03-01-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to wait for the devs to catch up onto the new EQ patch. I'm waiting from 2 days ago, so I'd say they'll fix this pretty soon.

Jaxen
03-02-2003, 02:56 AM
That's it i'm a broken man. I am reinstalling over the two-and-a-half-hours-to-patch, patched version. I am going to try again with command prompts and Mdac.

PS what is is with Trump's New program, if he is refering to people who can't get in then they can't gather information!

Trumpcard
03-02-2003, 03:39 AM
eqLive brainiac...lol..... We dont need to collect information on packets that we create in EQEMU.