PDA

View Full Version : Games you are looking forward to?

Nada
02-25-2002, 02:17 PM
What games are you looking forward to this year? Im looking forward to alot of games, especially these:

Mafia
http://mafia.godgames.com

Unreal 2
http://www.unreal2.com

Star Wars Galaxies
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com

GTA 3 for PC
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto3/

...and of course the new version of eqemu! :D

Trumpcard
02-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Neverwinter Nights...

Morrowind

Dungeon Siege

Shadowrun: Assassin

Shawn319
02-25-2002, 05:03 PM
Shadowbane (wtf ever happend to that)

Nada
02-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Lol ive been hearing about that forever.

D26
02-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Im looking forward to Mafia and Neverwinter nights! :)

Trumpcard
02-26-2002, 12:49 AM
Shadowbane is the one they are predicting will be the EQ killer.. I must admit, it does look VERY cool.. It addresses some of EQ's shortcomings (real estate for one).

Razzle
02-26-2002, 12:57 AM
Shadowbane (wtf ever happend to that)

Vaporware

DeletedUser
02-26-2002, 04:18 AM
Planetside
Brad Mcquaid's new game once his company gets started...

Windcatcher
02-26-2002, 06:36 AM
Neverwinter Nights. Once that comes out I'll be ditching EQ permanently.

TheClaus
02-26-2002, 07:05 AM
Number 1 is Final Fantasy Online everything else is distant second unless Squaresoft really lets me down with FF:Online.

Horizons if it doesn't turn out to be vaporware
Star War Galaxies

Nada
02-26-2002, 07:49 AM
FF Online wow i haven't even heard of it. Im a big fan of SS, this will be very cool if it ever gets released.

Zeitgeist
02-26-2002, 08:24 AM
AC2 -- see movies and screenies at gamespy today...

1018BootsYou
02-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Final Fantasy Online - If it's anything like the single player games, this is going to be king. Simply amazing, with its e-mail, message board, etc. as part of the membership. The card game looks *awsome*. Along with a beautiful game. Final Fantasy has been, and always will be, #1 in my book.

Shadowbane - They're sitting next to FF:Online, next step down. Until I heard about the announcement for FF:Online, I was pitching my chips at this one for the next king.

AC2 will be a "surprise success", in comparing it to its current incarnation. I say they're going to become quite a noticable competitor (my spelling none withstanding...). AC already has monthly quests, which are GREAT for these types of games. AC2 promises other quests, and has really impressive graphics, amongst other improvements. I see this as attaining #3 a semi-short time after its release. Something like a year and a half at latest - short for a MMORPG. They'll have to battle against their current reputation but word of mouth does wonders.

World of Warcraft is coming out too distant in the future to be listed here, otherwise, I'd say it and AC2 would be wrestling for the position, with WoW in the lead, at least at first, due to Blizzard and their reputation. I would love to work for these folks. I don't know enough about WoW to fairly compare these two...

---

NWN #1 as a non-persistant ORPG. I see Neverwinter Nights as the next fleshing out of MUDs. Plenty of people still play the text based games, I know, but I see some folks hosting NWN games 24/7 in the same vein that MUDs are hosted.

---

I don't see Horrizens being a major top-three competitor, namely because of its set backs. I feel for the company, they have a good idea. Although ultimately I have to agree with a friend of mine - d00d speaking dragons would kill it for me.

---

Single player games.... I don't know of one coming out that's very interesting.

---

Starwars Galaxies.. *wrinkles nose* Ultimately, EQ with much much prettier clothing and different setting.

Planetside - isn't this their first person shooter? *shrug*

Personally, I'll not touch another varant product. Just my own opinion, of course.

Baron Sprite
02-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Warrior Kings

Neverwinter Nights

Gauntlet Dark Legacy for gamecube ;)

The next diablo (come on blizzard you can do it :cool: )

World of Warcraft

Warcraft III

Dungeon Siege

Jedi Knight II

Think that's the lot of em :D

Shawn319
02-26-2002, 11:50 AM
GTA 3 for xbox (hope that happens)

Schmuck
02-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Digimon Master Tournament Edition Gold PLatinum Edition Silver Magenta Ball-Scratching-Monkey 2005 Collector's Chrome-Platinum-Gold-Titanium-Diamond-Rust Edition

Or something.

Yodason
02-26-2002, 01:31 PM
JEDI KNIGHT 2 !
I am going to try and get some of the first hacks out there on it and maybe make a nix game server for it (if i have time)
Star wars galexies

Nada
02-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Hmmm...... never heard of that Schmuck

_OZZY_
02-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Speaking of Blizzard, I'd like to see a new StarCraft expansion. They left the ending WIDE open with Brood War. I know I'm probably dreaming, but a guy can wish hehe ;)

Yuri
02-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Morrowind (Bethesda Rules), Unreal II

Ever since Daggerfall i've awaited Bethsoft to come out w/a new game Battlespire/Redguard just didn't cut it... Hehe I already preordered my copy!

I've always liked the Unreal games, Unreal 1 mainly, (i like coop), Unreal Tournament is fun at times but i really missed the single player aspect of the game

I'm anxiously awaiting these games mainly i've got a geforce3 and am waiting for a game to actually tax my system

oh, and what kindov system requirements does Digimon Master Tournament Edition Gold PLatinum Edition Silver Magenta Ball-Scratching-Monkey 2005 Collector's Chrome-Platinum-Gold-Titanium-Diamond-Rust Edition take? and do they have a website?

Schmuck
03-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Pentium 186 (not megahertz, just a crappier 486 or 386)
-15.663 gigs of RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 7 Ti 2422234.8
No keyboard or mouse required..all communication is via telepathy or included infrared moniter
1x CD-ROM drive
a monkey horn (if you don't have one [which doesn't actually exist, hahahahahahha {monkeys don't have horns}] then this game won't even try to install itself!)

If you somehow DO have a monkey horn, then hell has frozen over and the one true God, Krumzeh, the God of Rats and Other Shizzanit, has risen to his rightful place as leader of Rats and Other Shizzanit.
ALL HAIL KRUMZEH THE RAT GOD (AND OTHER SHIZZANIT)

1018BootsYou
03-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Just a lil post. I've been reading a bit more about AC2 lately and it sounds very impressive. I'm pretty sure that the folks at Turbine can pull off the technical side. And AC1 already has its monthly adventures, of course, so..

I don't know, AC2 may come in to surprise a whole lot of people.

Kaylin
03-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Neverwinter Nights...really looking forward to that one

I thought that Boundless Adventures looked interesting...

www.boundless-adventures.com

Zeitgeist
03-29-2002, 08:52 AM
ac2 will own =) Scared yet, Verant? Maybe that's why they are releasing a fourth (!) expansion pack, the Planes of Power. Great 18 more uber zones full of loot that makes all our old items look like dog shit.

Razzle
03-29-2002, 07:28 PM
I for one have been playing Jedi Knight 2 for a few days now (Since the 23rd along with a bunch of people I know. The 29th is not the release date you are looking for.)

It is the best game ever. I have been playing mostly Lightsabre only in FFA mode, and we've all been dueling each other. Guns are for fools. Force push can reflect any projectile attack that your lightsabre doesn't, and it will automatically go back at the person firing, regardless of your angle to it.

Yodason- I'd love to play against you some time.

Razzle
03-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Sorry for the two posts in a row

Speaking of Blizzard, I'd like to see a new StarCraft expansion. They left the ending WIDE open with Brood War. I know I'm probably dreaming, but a guy can wish hehe ;)

You'll have to wait a long time. If World of Warcraft doesn't sink into the hole, they're making a World of Diablo/Sanctuary Online sort of game, and then if both of those are incredibly successful, they'll make a World of Starcraft MMOFPS, Ala Tribes 2, only with many many more people and much larger maps.

So, it's in your best interest that WoW fails, because they'll do another Starcraft RTS immediately then, instead of as a backproject.

Ariak
04-04-2002, 12:11 PM
WoW.

Xbox games that are worth buying :P

FF Online (FFXI) ETC ETC..

AcydRx
04-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Duke Nukem Forever! Why did no one put that one down? Supposedly it was supposed to be out "When its done" But you know they're hogging it for themselves... either that or it became vaporware too. :( Though they still say its coming out. I miss Duke Nukem... but Duke 3D kinda sucks. ;) I think he needs to kick some alien arse on Norrath! :D