PDA

View Full Version : Quests Not Working

izagod
03-03-2003, 11:42 PM
:( I have the right npc ids and have a few quests that i want in the quests folder but they dont do anything, do i have to do some thing to make eqemu look in the quests folder for quests?

TheOne
03-04-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm having the same problem here, I have the quests folder up, latest version of EQEmu, right NPC ids.qst with Copy&pasted Script from here and they just don't seem to load.

killspree
03-04-2003, 02:47 AM
If using the new format, put them in /quests/zonename/

zonename is the short name of the zone, i.e. what shows up on /w all as the zone the player is in. West Freeport would be freportw, The Hole would be hole, etc.

TheOne
03-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Ok I compiled the debug zone.exe and checked what it said whenever I tried to initiate a quest, Result was this message :

Unrecognized Command:

Which is an error message in parser.cpp it seems but I have no clue why it wouldn't work. I've been trying for days... I have latest 0.4.3-DR2, The quest is in the /quests/oasis/ folder and I took the quest code from Jaw's exemples, I also tried w/ and without the "," ( ie : "Hail," and "Hail" ) I recompiled a few times to no avail. I don't know what to do anymore :(

The quest code

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1 == "Hail" && $2 == $me) { say("Greetings $user , would you like me to [bind your soul]? ") }}
if ($1- =~ "bind" ) { say("Incoming Bind! When you die, you will zone back to this spot.") cast($userid,2049) }
}

Any clue ?[/quote]

izagod
03-04-2003, 11:02 AM
i tryd to use both ways, i put together some new style quests, but them in there zones and all that good stuff, nothing happens, i tryd the old way nothing happens, its asif the emulator is not looking for the quest at all

killspree
03-04-2003, 11:18 AM
&& isn't working for me. Try taking that out and just using if ($1 == "Hail")...that should work. Also take the commas out of your quest text, that screws with the script right now.

just_add_water
03-06-2003, 02:40 AM
My quest addon is very buggy atm. Heres a fix

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say("Greetings $name , would you like me to [bind your soul]?") }
if ($1- =~ "bind" ) { say("Incoming Bind! When you die , you will zone back to this spot.") cast($userid,2049) }
}

izagod
03-08-2003, 08:03 AM
The stuff like the npc ids, and the
NPC_SCRIPT 100887 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:{
SAY:Greetings %CHARNAME%, I can [port] you to Antonica if you like, would you like to be ported?
}
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:port:{
CAST_SPELL 2708{
SAY:Farewell!
}
}
looks right ? but you put them in the quest folder,name the file with the npc id then it works? dosent see to work for me, i do all this run up and hail the npc and i get no response, i tryd the new format for quests, i find this one ez, when i tryd the new format i still got the same thing.

izagod
03-08-2003, 08:36 AM
:shock: Ok Please forgive my stuipidity, i had the wong npc id! simple as that hehe dont hate me cuz my brain dosnt work right hehehe

bpogue99
03-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Do the quest directories go on the eq workstation or on the emu server? I've got a split config where my server is on one machine and my eq is on another. Just want to make sure I'm putting things in the right spot to test. Thanks!

killspree
03-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Put them in your eqemu folder; eqemufolder\quests\zonename

eqemufolder is obviously the name of the folder that your emu server is in. Create a quests folder in that directory, then go inside the quests folder and create individual folders for each of the zones. Zone name will need to be the short name.