PDA

View Full Version : Quests and Races

Purple Torso
03-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Hey, Has anone been working on a downloadable set of quests that correspond with the original EQ quests? just wondering, it would be nice to have the EQLive quests already made...

I cannot view certain races or monsters, like most of the dragons, and its only every few races that i can actually see instead of the default skin of a bald human guy. ummm I know other ppl's EQEmu has this too, i was wondering if there was a fix for this? or if i just have to patient and wait for EQEmu or someone else to make a fix, or if its impossible to fix and i'm gonna have to live with it... (i hope its not the last one... :cry: )

One more question... how do i add loot to my npcs? is it included in the addon database? BTW, i'm using eqemu v0.4.1 and the addon database v0.4.1 and FQAdmin v4.0 because none of the others work and i dont know where to find directions to upgrade to 0.4.2... but its ok, at least i finally got the server up, running, and with items and NPCs :P

just curious! (and hopeful)
good job EQEmu ppl!

eqfoobar
03-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Guess a late reply is better than none :P

I had problems with certain models not showing up too. If you installed EQ directly from later expansion without installing all the old ones first, you are likely missing some s3d files associated with the zones you are having problems with. You can fix this by reinstalling all your EQ installations from the beginning, preferably in a seperate directory, then copy all your s3d files over into whatever directory you are using for eqemu. This should prevent accidently overwriting your executables. In all cases, it is best to back everything up before you attempt anything that might change your working client file set.

I haven't seen a database with the loot tables really well populated and extremely accurate. There are a few out there with old world loot set, and at some point I had one where all the mobs had like 12 pieces of loot, but you would probably be better off researching how to fix your own loot on the mobs the way you want it.

- eqfoobar

nixorcist
03-15-2003, 05:27 AM
no
its because not every character model is in every zone.

you cant make a CoM golem spawn in the nexus, cuz
the character model isnt supported in that zone.

there are some global ones tho, like 150, 151, 152..umm...
the fish thing..and some more. but if you want to turn into a
dragon.. go to ToV and do it, if you wanna turn into a
pile of slime, go to Cazic.