PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

ramon
03-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Hello all,

As I am planning to put up my own server (local or online), but I want to know a few things first.

1: What is the required Inet connection per user (i.e. 1 user needs aprox. 2kb upload and 1 kb download, seen from the server (so the user receives 2 kb and sends one kb).

2: Do you need to host your own DB with creatures in it. Or has the EQ client got that.
If you need to host this. Is there an exsample DB or are they downloadable, and is this a DB per zone or one big DB for all zones.

If someone could answer these questions for me I'd be very greatfull.

Greetingz

Memener
03-11-2003, 06:32 PM
well frist you have a upload speed of at least 75+(ADSL, DSL, SDSL CABLE, T1, T2, T3)and a Download speed of 50+ KB any thing lower will LAG and really it all depends on the computer i use a 4 computer EQ server a Login computer, a computer that host 15 zones, one that runs world and the DB

the DB has most of the NPCs that spawn bulit into it so if all you need to do is set it up. now if you want to add more NPCs you should download the newest eqemu admin tool and set it up

ramon
03-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Okay, thanx, thats good info.

I wont be able to host a online server then (got 30KB), but a local will work then.
And Ill get my self the local admin tool.....

thanx again