PDA

View Full Version : Quick setup guide to getting onto an EQEmu server.

Shawn319
03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
If you are a new or existing user that only wishes to connect and play on an EQEmu server (for free btw), here is a quick setup guide to help you to start playing on an EQEmu server (I would suggest playing on ForeverHacking or GuildWars when they are up).

NOTE: Before you start doing anything, you should make a backup of your EverQuest folder. Also, do not use the same folder for EQLive as the one you want to use for EQEmu.

1) Make sure you have an EQEmu forum nick (you can register at http://forums.eqemu.net/profile.php?mode=register ). READ THE Registration Agreement Terms CAREFULLY. This account will serve as your EQEmu Loginserver account.

2) Open your EverQuest folder and run Everquest.exe and patch to EQLive. Do a thorough file check to insure you have everything the way it should be (in fact, check it twice).

3) download and install the "EQEmu Patcher" which can be found at *EDIT PATCHER NO LONGER USED *EDIT*

4) Log in using the forum nick/password you made during the registration process and then connect to the server of your choice (I play on ForeverHacking and GuildWars most of the time).

5) Using Windows Notepad, open up the file c:\program files\everquest\eqhost.txt and replace all of the file's contents with the following:
[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5997"
}

6) To run EQ, find the Windows Start button and click on Run. In the new dialog box, type in the following:
"c:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

*EDIT* Merth Jul/28/2003 - Removed patcher instructions (Patcher no longer used). Also added 5997 login port instructions.

IAHaZe
03-11-2003, 12:02 AM
if i press everquest.exe i get a download automatically is it just that download that is needed ?

cause if i see at advanced there are checkboxes about kunark patch, optional patch, velious patch, ... etc

which of these need to be vinked on ? to patch ?

thanks

IrishShlamorel
03-16-2003, 05:29 AM
thanks for the guide, sir. Didnt know how to do it and im loading it up now. Thanks again.

allstaronfire
03-17-2003, 04:46 PM
same here. only problem is when i try 2 play on 4ever hacking it shuts down after i try to log my character in, and same on different servers. the only server it wont do that on is ones with under 4 people online
:?:

vallion
04-01-2003, 12:56 AM
Ok i put the EQEmu Patcher in the main eq folder but i just get "can not connect to patch server" over and over?

Been like this for 3 days now and i'm thinking the patcher server is down(in which case i'll wait till they're up again). Or the patcher doesn't work anymore in which case i'm wasting my time with this.

I would appreciate a reply fom one of the developers regarding the satus of the patcher available for download on this website, cause as of now it just isnt working and i'm about to give up on this.

A reply would be appreciated.

used_pawn
04-01-2003, 10:51 AM
same here, ive tried it on my WinXP box and on my WinME box
always 'cannot connect to patch server' press ok, then operation terminated.
so devs, is there a reason? something to change? though doin it on 2 different comps with different operating systems the only thing that remained the same is my IP.
having followed the preceding instructions of this thread,im up for suggestions, and stumped

thanks for any insight

*Kelman_Runelok*
04-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Your guide is great and all, but i doesnt say what to do if you get errors with the mdac_typ file, Or where to install it if it does happen to work. I actually need help with the first problem If I could please get some answers since most questions I have asked on any of these forums goes unanswered.

Metal_Man
04-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I got to the character creation, made my charcter without any trouble, but when i try and connect with the charcter the game crashes

stbf15
04-05-2003, 02:10 AM
I get 'Runtime error 70'

What does this mean?

snoober
04-05-2003, 04:57 AM
I downloaded the upgrade thing, for service pack 1. (MDAC 2.7 SP1
) then I downloaded EQEmuPatcher.exe...

When I click on the Patcher of EqEmu, it downloads the needed files, and allows me to "check" run eq, But nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Garrfish
04-05-2003, 05:10 AM
I downloaded the upgrade thing, for service pack 1. (MDAC 2.7 SP1
) then I downloaded EQEmuPatcher.exe...

When I click on the Patcher of EqEmu, it downloads the needed files, and allows me to "check" run eq, But nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure but I don't think the launch eq box works. After patching make sure you have the eqhost.txt file from here (the one that connects to the EQemu servers) inside your eq directory and launch the game by creating a shortcut to eqgame.exe (in your eq directory) to your desk top. Then right click on the desk top shortcut and select properties. You will then see a window that says Target and the path to eq with eqgame.exe in the window.

Now add patchme after eqgame.exe
like this---> eqgame.exe patchme <--- Save your changes and if all goes well you should be able to connect.

Good luck

snoober
04-05-2003, 05:58 AM
I tried that, And I feel like Im doing nothing.

snoober
04-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Now i cant log into regular eq, because it says theres a promlem with eqgame.. Wtf this eqemu crap blows. Fucked up my entire comp now I cant play either one.

Garrfish
04-05-2003, 06:50 AM
[quote="snoober"]Now i cant log into regular eq, because it says theres a promlem with eqgame.. Wtf this eqemu crap blows. *** up my entire comp now I cant play either one.[

The eqhost.txt that you have is for the EQemu servers. You will need to replace the eqhost.txt file back to Sony's servers. here is Sony's eqhost.txt to get back on EQ live.

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.989studios.com:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.989studios.com:15900"
"eqlogin1.989studios.com:15901"
"eqlogin1.989studios.com:15902"
"eqlogin1.989studios.com:15903"
}

snoober
04-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Thats how my thing is, Its exactly how that thing is.

Garrfish
04-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Well it looks like this is an issue for a dev or someone who has had the same problem.

The best advise I can give you is to create a seperate copy of EQ on your hard drive (if you have the space). That way you can play on the live Sony servers without having to change any files and the other copy of EQ can be used for the emu.

Chester
04-06-2003, 01:20 PM
what i do when they do that

epacs
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
:!: ook with the help of many posts ( this one included) ive gotten this working...so thnx for everyones posts and such :D :!:

acidraver
05-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey wondering if someone can help. I've made it to the part where i install the patcher. This is what happens:

I've installed the patcher to my EQ directory, i also had to install the mdac_typ files too. So far so good. Now when i run patch.exe, i get the message runtime (long bunch of numbers) then it says cannot find patchsrv.dat.

Please help, i've only just tried to play EQEmu again after giving up months ago.

acidraver
05-03-2003, 09:57 AM
so is this problem ever going to be sorted out cause its happening to me to.

moonyane
05-24-2003, 10:41 PM
When you patch everquest, your files are changed. Now, depending on which server (eqemu, regular everquest) you are logging into, you will have your files patched to their specifications. So this means that if you decided to change the eqhost file in your c:\Program Files\Everquest directory so that it logs you into the eqemu login server, you're going to need to run the EQEmuPatcher which will roll your files back to the way that works best for eqemu. This means that your files are no longer exactly the way that eqlive would like them to be. So, yes your eqgame.exe file may have been patched which would mean you can't get right back into eqlive.

The best way, or at least a good way to play around with eqemu is to copy your entire Everquest directory to some other location. Then install the EQEmuPatcher in that new everquest directory. Also, only change the eqhost file in the new everquest directory. Then, you will have two fully functional eq installs on your computer. One that is executed using the normal eq icon on your desktop and the other which is executed using the eqemupatcher icon which eqemupatcher will place on your desktop when you run it from the new everquest directory.

kikidersedge06
06-23-2003, 06:44 AM
when i run the EQEMpatcher i get a message that says: Cannot connect to patcher server.

Is there another way to get around that?

a_Guest03
06-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Patcher is down. It will be down for a long time. It may never come back up.

kikidersedge06
06-23-2003, 09:52 AM
so is there another way around? :(

a_Guest03
06-23-2003, 11:24 AM
No. At this time, the only solution is to wait until the next release.

kikidersedge06
06-25-2003, 02:50 PM
O.K i managed to get it patched but now when i go to connect and enter my sn and password that i got on this forum it closes its self. how can i fix that?

kikidersedge06
06-27-2003, 03:22 AM
nm i fixed it...

Shawn319
06-27-2003, 03:38 AM
This is not a support thread!