PDA

View Full Version : zone segfaults on start

mutombo
03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
i got all the stuff compiled and the worldserver is starting.(but with some errors now)

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu# world/world
Using database 'eqemu' at localhost
EQEMu 0.4.2 eRAMNotes Sucks!
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
...done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading EQ time of day...done.
Assassinating people that whine about horses...done
World server listening on: 217.226.165.11:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin2.eqemu.net:5999
Login server responded with FatalError. Disabling reconnect.
Error message: 'Bad server name. Unknown reason.'
64.81.113.117:5999: TCPConnection::SendData(): send(): Errorcode: Broken pipe

so thats some configproblem or perhaps because im using multiple nics but its starting at least.

the zone is a bigger problem:

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu# zone/zone . 217.226.165.11 10004 217.226.165.11
Using database 'eqemu' at localhost
EQEMu 0.4.2 eRAMNotes Sucks!
Loading Variables, zone names, items, loottables & NPCs...
Segmentation fault

i tried gcc-3.2 and 2.95 im on debian sid.
i tried it on a second host with the same OS too. same results.
tried i586 and i686 too, its all the same.
only get some warnings.
is used a spells_en.txt from an full updated eqclient.
the mysqldb loads without an error too
anyone got this too ??

greetings mutombo

Trumpcard
03-11-2003, 01:51 AM
Do you have databases sourced in?

You might want to source in one of the addon databases, Im betting its segfaulting because one of the tables is empty.

fnemo
03-11-2003, 03:42 AM
what kind of warning did you get ?

mutombo
03-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Do you have databases sourced in?

You might want to source in one of the addon databases, Im betting its segfaulting because one of the tables is empty.

i have only sourced the db thats shiped with the win binary.
where can i get the other dbs ? because when i look into the mysqllog:

030311 17:34:16 6 Connect root@localhost on eqemu
6 Query SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp() FROM variables where unix_timestamp(ts) >= 0
6 Query SELECT MAX(zoneidnumber) FROM zone
6 Query SELECT zoneidnumber, short_name FROM zone
6 Query SELECT MAX(id) FROM items
6 Query SELECT MAX(id) FROM npc_types
6 Query SELECT max(id) FROM loottable

thats what i get on compile zone:

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu/zone# make
gcc-2.95 -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-deprecated -Wnested-externs -Wcommo
../common/EQNetwork.cpp: In method `void EQNetworkConnection::MakeEQPacket(APPLAYER *, bool = true)':
../common/EQNetwork.cpp:1394: warning: value computed is not used
gcc-2.95 -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-deprecated -Wnested-externs -Wcommo
../common/packet_dump.cpp: In function `void DumpPacketBin(const void *, unsigned int)':
../common/packet_dump.cpp:148: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
mob.cpp: In method `void Mob::MakeSpawnUpdate(SpawnPositionUpdate_Struct *)':
mob.cpp:591: warning: assignment to `sint16' from `float'
client.cpp: In method `sint32 Client::GenericFocus(short unsigned int, short unsigned int)':
client.cpp:438: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
client.cpp: In method `void Client::ChannelMessageReceived(unsigned char, unsigned char, const char *, const char *)':
client.cpp:662: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
client.cpp: In method `bool Client::QuestTroupe(const Seperator *)':
client.cpp:1589: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to `char *'
client.cpp: In method `bool Client::NormalUser(const Seperator *)':
client.cpp:3350: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to `char *'
PlayerCorpse.cpp: In method `void Corpse::LootItem(Client *, APPLAYER *)':
PlayerCorpse.cpp:572: warning: unused variable `int16 tmpslot'
WesQuests.cpp: In method `void Client::CheckQuests(const char *, const char *, unsigned int, short unsigned int, Mob *)':
WesQuests.cpp:317: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
gcc-2.95 -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-deprecated -Wnested-externs -Wcommente

seems allright

fnemo
03-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Personnaly, when i do a program, i hate all the warnings so i prefer debug and get rid of it so even if its seems ok, i would tell you to debug :p

mutombo
03-11-2003, 11:04 AM
how do you mean debug ?
i've tried the makefiledebug if you mean that, but i have not much knowledge in coding, so idont think i could make useful changes :)

mutombo
03-11-2003, 04:54 PM
i've seen 4.3 is out so i gave it a try.

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu/EQEMu-0.4.3-Source# world/world
Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
...done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading EQ time of day...done.
Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database.
HELP I WORK IN THE EQEMU SWEATSHOP YOUR MY ONLY HOPE
TCP listening on: 192.168.1.2:9000
World server listening on: 192.168.1.2:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999

wolrdserver seems ok

had some problems with the sharedmem so i disabled it in the makefile.deleted -DSHAREMEM

but zone still not alright, no segfault, but dbproblems.

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu/EQEMu-0.4.3-Source# zone/zone . 192.168.1.2 7995 192.168.1.2
Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.3
[Error] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.3
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Error] Loading npcs faction lists FAILED!

i've droped the db already and load the newest one from the 4.3 winbin and installed the 4.1 db addon, but there is a problem too:

router:/home/mutombo/eqemu# mysql --password=******* eq < spawns.sql
ERROR 1136 at line 50697: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

any ideas :?:

fnemo
03-11-2003, 08:36 PM
do not mixed 4.1 and 4.2 and 4.3-DR*.Thats the first point.

when i mean debug, i mean edit the code and correct all the warnings.

mutombo
03-11-2003, 08:49 PM
do not mixed 4.1 and 4.2 and 4.3-DR*.Thats the first point.

when i mean debug, i mean edit the code and correct all the warnings.

yeah i get it.
the mainproblem i have is the total lack of readmes or something like that.
its realy hard to search everything you need when you dont know whats needed. :wink:

so perhaps someone could tell me what i need to run a server.