PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 Pre-release 3 compile

Stud
03-04-2002, 07:39 PM
Using RedHat 7.2 with all errata patched, Linux Kernel 2.4.9-31 GCC 2.96 compiled almost flawlessly, one minor hiccup in one of the zone cpp files with a _snprintf, but after that everything else was smooth sailin'.

Thanks guys, doin great work 8o)

Trumpcard
03-05-2002, 01:18 AM
Oh boy, oh boy , oh boy...

New version to play with !

OK.. so, not compiling well for me.. aside from my standard errors i have to fix (putting stdarg.h in and changing all hex and dec to std::hex, std::dec) , Im getting _snprintf undeclared..
Should just be in stdio.h i though.. Have ta figure that one out...

Gjor
03-07-2002, 11:14 AM
I wasn't able to get the login server to compile under 0.2.4 on linux. anyone have any luck with this?

Prototype for 'bool Database::GetLSaccountInfo(unsigned int, char *, int8 *, int*) doesn't match any in class Database is the error I get.

misanthropicfnd
03-07-2002, 04:17 PM
With any luck most of the linux build issues should be addressed in the next release.

Gjor: That function is implemented in logindatabase.cpp in the login directory--should only be required if you're trying to build a full login server. I didn't run across it so it might have been fixed already. If you still run into it w/the next release, post the file it's happening in, & it can be addressed.

Trumpcard: Instead of prefacing dec & hex w/std:: see if adding "using namespace std;" to the top of the affected cpp files after the #include statements will take care of things. It's actually a bug w/glibc's headers as dec & hex should be imported given we're including the old style iostream.h--free stuff can't always be perfect I suppose. :) Should save you a bit of work, & if it doesn't break other gcc versions we could roll it in at some point.

jam^
03-08-2002, 05:31 AM
edit login/logindatabase.cpp (copied from the 0.2.3 source tree) and change line 239 from
bool Database::GetLSAccountInfo(int32 account_id, char* name, int8* lsadmin)

to

bool Database::GetLSAccountInfo(int32 account_id, char* name, int8* lsadmin, int* status)

that makes it compile for me in 0.2.4-pre5, though i haven't tested it out yet.

I wasn't able to get the login server to compile under 0.2.4 on linux. anyone have any luck with this?

Prototype for 'bool Database::GetLSaccountInfo(unsigned int, char *, int8 *, int*) doesn't match any in class Database is the error I get.