PDA

View Full Version : Aggro, faction need solution.

thedavee
03-21-2003, 05:03 AM
Hello guy,

1) I have read many post on eqemu forum, but i cant find any help or explain for configuration faction. A'm using eqadmin 4.2 (4.3 i have some pb) if you know another way to set faction.....

2) I cant set mob aggro, i dont know how that work and if that work really...

If anyone of you can make a little HOW TO configure faction and aggro, that can be welcome.

- eqemu 4.3
- db telmet 4.4
- eqadmin 4.2

ShocK
04-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Do quests

Edgar1898
04-02-2003, 06:02 AM
Hmm didnt notice this post before, but if your still looking for help:

1. Setup the faction in the npc_faction table. The name and id can be whatever you want, but keep the id under 50000 (also its autoincrement, so I suggest you start with 1). The primary faction is the primaryfaction you want to check when a player cons the npc.

2. Setup the list of factions associated with your npc_faction_id you just made. The table name is npc_faction_entries. The format is:npc_faction_id (the id from npc_faction you just created), the faction you want to change when the npc is killed (using the faction_list table), and value you want to increase or decrease when the npc is killed.

3. Set the npc_factiond_id in the npc_types table to the faction id you created in step 1.

EXAMPLE:

You want to create a faction for CB orcs:
Step 1:

Insert into npc_faction values(1,"CB ORCS",faction id for CB orcs here);

insert into npc_faction_entries values(1,faction id for CB orcs here,-1);
insert into npc_faction_entries values(1,faction id for indigo brotherhood,-1);
insert into npc_faction_entries values(1,faction id for storm guard here,1);
and the other 2, cant remember which :P

then, using the db, locate a npc you want to set on the faction and:

update npc_types set npc_faction_id=1 where id=(orc npc id here);

Disclaimer: Hope you understood my ramblings, and im at work right now so I cant get the actual faction ids and I might be off a little on the table columns as Im going from memory here... :P