PDA

View Full Version : Error 1044 and 1045

Kalen
03-21-2003, 09:00 AM
This is for after you unzip EQEmu, Install MySQL, copy db.sql, setup username and password using winmysqladmin.exe, run mysql and enter "create database eq;" "use eq" "source db.sql", and setup the .ini files in EQEmu directory. (Steps in http://www.eqemu.net/documents/readme.html (Part 2 - Hosting your own server on EQEmu) all the way to text with green highlight)

If you getting ERROR 1044 and ERROR 1045: Access denied to user@host blah blah blah, and you HAVE already done all the steps named above, THIS is the CORRECT syntax to use when changing privileges on accounts:

C:\MYSQL\BIN> mysql -u root mysql
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO <user>@localhost
-> IDENTIFIED BY '&lt;pass>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO <user>@"%"
-> IDENTIFIED BY '&lt;pass>' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Basicly go to your mysql\bin directory in dos and run "mysql -u root mysql". Type it in like that EXACTLY without quotation marks. Then type "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO <user>@localhost" (fill in user with the username you setup using winmysqladmin.exe) and hit enter. Then press space five times and type "IDENTIFIED BY '&lt;pass>' WITH GRANT OPTION;" (fill in pass with the password you setup using winmysqladmin.exe) and hit enter.

Then type "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO <user>@"%"" (fill in user with the username you setup using winmysqladmin.exe) (keep the double qoutes (" ") around % ("%"))and hit enter. Then press space five times and type "IDENTIFIED BY '&lt;pass>' WITH GRANT OPTION;" (fill in pass with the password you setup using winmysqladmin.exe) and hit enter.

So if Bob Hill made the username "gdogg" and the password "zonk", his screen would look like this afterwards:

C:\MYSQL\BIN> mysql -u root mysql
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO gdogg@localhost
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'zonk' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO gdogg@"%"
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'zonk' WITH GRANT OPTION;

If you have any questions please email me at jlsarvis16spam@yahoospam.com
Remember to take both instances of the word spam out of that email address.

-KALEN

Satransisu
05-20-2003, 06:04 AM
did what you said.. error came up..

'GRANT" is not reconized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

not sure what the deal is.. gonna look for another fix for this error

Maranwe
05-20-2003, 10:13 AM
Satransisu, that type of error is a windows/DOS command line error, it basically indicates that you don't have mysql.exe running when you type the GRANT command.

Maranwe

Trumpcard
05-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Yes. He apparently isnt following directions..

a mysql error would have said ERROR: &amp;*(&amp;

Raex_The_Overlord
05-29-2003, 02:18 PM
error 1044 for me.

kr0g0th
06-10-2003, 04:23 PM
YOu guys are not making any sense.. sound like a bunch of computer nerds! lol

x-scythe
06-14-2003, 05:22 PM
use Dev's step-by-step above
helped me fix my access denied prob

Veragoan
06-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Tried it.. didnt work.. here is what i did

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g
Your MySQL connection id is 202 to server version 4.0.13-nt

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> mysql -u root mysql
-> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* to XXXXXX@localhost
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'XXXXXXXXX' WITH GRANT OPTION;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql -u root mysql
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* to XXXX@loca
mysql>

Thats how it happened for me.

x-scythe
06-21-2003, 09:56 PM
did you open mysql.exe through "run" in your start menu?

Tolarn
08-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Hi I had the same problem

mysql -u root mysql
I followed the directions but it still isnt working.

ace555
08-06-2003, 05:13 AM
Veragoan: the "mysql -u root mysql" is supposed to be done on the command line "c:\mysql\bin>". You want to skip that part if you are already in mysql. If you are at the mysql prompt "mysql>" they just try the grant lines.

Tolarn: This is probably your problem also.

streetxamurai
08-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Tried it.. didnt work.. here is what i did

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g
Your MySQL connection id is 202 to server version 4.0.13-nt

mysql> mysql -u root mysql
-> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* to XXXXXX@localhost
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'XXXXXXXXX' WITH GRANT OPTION;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql -u root mysql
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* to XXXX@loca
mysql>

Thats how it happened for me.

I got absolutely the same error
I'm using EQEmu v4.4
was anyone able tomake it work correctly?

x-scythe
08-14-2003, 07:26 AM
try to play around with the command. like replace localhost with 127.0.0.1. look at some other posts on the subject. theres like 50 other ways to type this command

Jeldorith
08-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Mine said that it works but I'm still gettting denied.

&lt;0 ROWS EFFFECTED, 0 SECS> or something similar meaning that it did work but nothing happened.

NickKaun
08-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Could anyone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY what you are supposed to type at the dos program? I typed C:\mysql\bin>mysql -u root mysql but it said that C:\mysql\bin wasnt recognized as an internal or external command. HELP ME!!

zdcshawn
08-21-2003, 03:55 PM
I am getting the 1044 error as soon as I enter "create database eq;" "use eq" "source db.sql", what am I doing wrong? I have tried a variety of things added on to the end of the command prompt, shut down, re-booted, rearched the forums for similar problems, and this is close but the 1044 error at a different part in creating the db

09-05-2003, 06:00 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/ex/linkups/errors_w_eqemu.htm

For all you error needs &lt;---- kinda corny

DeletedUser
10-22-2003, 04:24 AM
1. Start - Run - CMD
2. CD c:\mysql\bin
3. mysql -u root

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\*>cd c:\mysql\bin

C:\mysql\bin>mysql -u root
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 244 to server version: 3.23.58-nt

mysql>

4. GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO mysqlname@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'mysqlpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO *user*@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '*pass*' WITH GRANT OPTION;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

5. C:\*>cd c:\mysql\bin

C:\mysql\bin>mysql.exe
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'ODBC@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Edit:

Restart makes everything work ;)

krich
10-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Also, technically WITH GRANT OPTION is not necessary. In fact it's a bit of a vulnerability to have your eq ID set up with GRANT privileges. Not that we're running any production databases here, but you never know what people are willing to do on work computers... :shock:

Regards,

krich

Gangrif
10-27-2003, 09:13 AM
worked for me.
not sure if you're doing it wrong. What i did was ran the mysql -u root mysql from the command prompt, not the mysql prompt. (Linux, not windows but should be the same?)

I must have done something right, it fixed my problem! :D

Nicky
10-31-2003, 05:36 AM
Ok i understand all the stuf your telling us and im shu it will work great once i get one little thing fixed. My web master Deleted my root account so no matter what i do i cant get the thing to work right. I have tryed PhPmyAdmin and Naicat PhpMyAdmin allows me to Dreat the database but when i try to inport the .sql files i get a error saying colm numbers dont match i was told its a bug n the file im realy lost maby i could gt some help from some one who know what there doing once its working id be glad to give GM ststs to anyone who hlped me fix it

adarhol
06-23-2005, 07:04 PM
thaks to everyone for the answers but what happen wneh i'm the root ando don't have any users What can i do?

thanks again

Belfedia
06-24-2005, 07:16 AM
http://perl.about.com/od/installandusemysql/l/aa111400a.htm
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/installing.html
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/MySQL-Installation-and-Configuration/

Hope thats links can help :)