PDA

View Full Version : noob here need help setting this up

Ginadan
03-06-2002, 08:23 AM
I just now learned of this emulator for EQ. I have been looking for one for some time now and this one sounds like it might actually be worth figuring out. Only problem is I cant get it to work. I just installed EQ back onto my computer and it has not been patched at all. I updated my eqhost file to read eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999 instead of what it was originally. And tried running Everquest.exe to log in. However it keeps trying to download a file p.dat, this file keeps screwing up EQ though. Everytime I try to run everquest.exe after patching it says I am missing a file d3d8.dll, I believe this to be for directx 8 but I cant download it atm. Could someone please tell me how to get this program set up and correctly running, so that I may log onto other players servers and perhaps even set up one of my own.

DaRacne Shaitan
03-06-2002, 09:10 AM
One problem you're going to have is that gotfrags runs on 5997 now instead of 5999... Ontop of that you also need to register an account with gotfrags server...

Ginadan
03-06-2002, 12:27 PM
I keep getting this error when I try to load up eqw, I downloaded the most current version of it and have my eqhost.txt file set up to read

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999"
}

like its supposed to. At least as far as I know. And I have the eqw files in my eq directory so I know thats not the problem. Could someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this or what I haven't done already like Im supposed to.

Brian Enos
03-10-2002, 09:40 AM
as was said before, change 5999 to 5997