PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Patches

vexed2002
03-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Bit of a strange question, I've never had the opportunity to play Everquest Live due to me being unable to get a decent internet connection at my flat via either Modem or Broadband (long story). But I'm craving a new RPG fix, having MUDded a long time ago I figured Everquest would be the next natural step.

I've bought Everquest and would like to use it with the EQEmu, but was wondering how I can go about patching Everquest to the latest version?.. I've been unable to find downloadable patches so I assume I HAVE to run Everquest on a computer with an Internet connection. Is there any way around this?

The only way I can think of doing so at the mo, is to install Everquest on my machine in the office (with Broadband) and patch it, then copy all the files to my backup HD and then across to my home PC. (all the whilst, praying that the patches don't change any registry entries)

I really am looking forward to building up a character of my own (albeit, by myself.. but all the more challenging!)

Any thoughts people??.. sorry for the lenghty message, and I would truly appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks in advance,
PK

Baltar
03-07-2002, 12:53 AM
yeup that should do it. Just copy the whole directory to a blank cd or something and overwrite your directory at home.