PDA

View Full Version : Setting up local EQEMu Server v0.4.4-DR1

devlor
04-02-2003, 08:29 AM
OK, this info. is pretty well covered in the EQEmu documentation, but since some people find certain writing styles easier to digest than others, I'll paste in below the step-by-step instructions I wrote up for myself & others for setting up a local server to host on a single computer. Bear in mind many of the steps included below reflect my own personal tastes (i.e. directory paths, database names, choice of database), since that is what I've found to give me the best results after much trial & error. So here goes:

Install EverQuest & all expansions to the C:\Games\EverQuest\ directory.

Update EverQuest to latest version & run through the file check twice to be sure everything's there.

Copy the entire C:\Games\EverQuest directory to the to the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory (creating directory structure as needed).

Delete all .EXE files except eqgame.exe in the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory.

Download MySQL v3.23.56 from http://www.mysql.com & install to the C:\MySQL\ directory. Reboot your computer after installation of MySQL is complete.

Download EQEmu Binary 0.4.4-DR1+Telmet from http://www.darkangel.net/eqemunews/ & install to the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory.

Download my original backup database from the attachment posted below (eqbackup00.zip) & install to the C:\MySQL\bin directory (overwrite = yes).

(This database was built using Drawde's updated DB addon (worlddata1.1.beta5). For a brief explanation, or if you wish to download these files & build the database yourself, refer to his post here: http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6912&highlight=. My instructions to follow will assume you are using my eqbackup00 file. If you opt to utilize Drawde's quest files as well, you'll need to unzip the contents of his quests0.1.zip to your C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, using folder names to extract).

Download EQEMu Patcher v1.0.1 from *EDIT* PATCHER NO LONGER USED *EDIT* (Sourceforge Files section) & install to the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory.

Run the EQEMu Patcher v1.0.1 from *EDIT* PATCHER NO LONGER USED *EDIT*

Copy the spells_en.txt file in the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory & paste it into the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory.

If you do not see the MySQL Administrator Tool icon running in your system tray already, you'll need to start it up by going to your C:\MySQL\bin directory, run (double-click) winmysqladmin.exe & enter both a user name & password (hereafter referred to as MySQL_user & MySQL_pass).

Hide the winmysqladmin.exe window.

Open command prompt in the C:\MySQL\bin directory & type mysql.exe -f.

Enter in each of the commands in mysql.exe as follows:

create database eq;
use eq;
source eqbackup00.sql;
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO '%'@127.0.0.1 IDENTIFIED BY '%' WITH GRANT OPTION;

(if the last step, the GRANT... command, gives you an access denied error, exit out of mysql.exe & open it again via the command prompt with mysql.exe --user=root eq & repeat the GRANT... command)

Exit out of MySQL command prompt

Open command prompt in the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory & type: world.exe flag eqemu 200

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, edit the db.ini file to read (leaving all but the indicated text alone):

[Database]
host=localhost
user=MySQL_user
password=MySQL_pass
database=eq
compression=off

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, edit the LoginServer.ini file to read (leaving all but the indicated text alone):

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=MyWorld
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, edit the Boot5zones.bat file to read (leaving all but the indicated text alone):

start zone . localhost 7995 localhost
start zone . localhost 7996 localhost
start zone . localhost 7997 localhost
start zone . localhost 7998 localhost
start zone . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

(OPTIONAL: If you're running low on system memory, you can edit the Boot5zones.bat file to only boot up two zones at a time. To do this, simply place: REM in front of the last three "start zone" lines. This is not recommended if you plan on hosting zones for other users than yourself at the same time.)

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, edit the MiniLoginAccounts.ini file to read (only):

localhost eqemu eqemu

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory, edit the eqhost.txt file to read (only):

[Registration Servers]
{
"localhost:5999
}
[Login Servers]
{
"localhost:5999
}

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\ directory, edit the datarate.txt file (create if needed) to read (only):

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory run: MiniLogin.exe (recommend placing shortcut to desktop)

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory run: World.exe (recommend placing shortcut to desktop)

In the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory run: Boot5zones.bat (recommend placing shortcut to desktop)

Using the Windows Run window (in the Start Menu), type: C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\eqgame.exe patchme & press OK or Enter (recommend placing shortcut to desktop; Target field in shortcut properties should read: "C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\eqgame.exe" patchme)

Login using: eqemu as the username & password

NOTE: If using "localhost" in the above files doesn't work for you, try using "127.0.0.1" (no quotes) instead.

PATCHER NOTES: *EDIT* PATCHER NO LONGER USED *EDIT*

After setting EQEmu up by following these steps, you should never again use the EQLive patcher to patch your EQEmu version of EQ. When new patch files are available for EQEmu/EQ, they'll be announced on these forums.

Remember to peruse the rest of these forums for a wealth of information on troubleshooting, updates, etc. I have found many handy tidbits buried in what would otherwise seem inconspicuous posts, so take a look around & use the search feature! :wink:

EDIT: Merth Jul/28/2003 - Removed patcher instructions, as patcher is no longer used.

Galin Nytshade
04-03-2003, 04:48 PM
I bow before thee, oh siplicifier. My feeble brain could not grasp the simple intructions given to me, but your insiteful rewording has been somewhat of a godsend to someone such as me who was not blessed with brains.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, thanks for putting this into step-by-step instructions for big stupidheads like me.

devlor
04-05-2003, 06:05 AM
Thanks Galin Nytshade. :) I'm glad it has helped at least some people in solving their confusion/problems in getting this working. When I first came here, there was a lot to digest, & quickly felt overwhelmed by the complexity of it all. I tried reading all I could, but even still had questions when things went wrong. After getting no response to a few queries I'd made here on the boards & in IRC, I'd resolved to try & pass along what I'd learned to others who were probably every bit as confused as I was, once I'd gotten the hang of things.

I only ask that each person who this info. has helped please try to help at least one other person who comes here as lost as you once were, if you can. :)

BTW, I'll be updating this info. (by editing the top post) as new information comes to light, including new databases, so don't be surprised if this info. has changed slightly if you come back to view it again.

yvin
04-06-2003, 07:17 AM
I appreciate the condensed version of the instructions. I finally got my lan server running with your help. Thanks! I only have one problem now, and I searched the forum and couldn't find any answers. Maybe I'm a total n00b and am failing at the obvious, but I can't get the in game commands to work. I have gm status, it says 200 by my name when I /who. But if I type--
/zone
#zone
/#zone
!zone
/!zone

etc etc... nothing happens. I've tried about half of the commands, all from differnet levels and nada. I can't spawn anything. I can't summon items. I can't lvl myself. Do I need to type the commands in the dos window?? I tried and can't do that either while the game is running. Am I missing something simple, or is this just some weird bug?

-y

xelnagan
04-06-2003, 09:36 PM
You might want to add what I posted on http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6969 to your guide, it helps a bit when it comes to setting it up on another comp.

- Xelnagan

Lurker_005
04-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Nicely written.

Twisted Mentality
04-10-2003, 05:44 AM
ok I set up the minilogin and it works good no unexpected errors
but my problem lies inconnection to my minilogin

I changed eqhost.txt to read

[Registration Servers]
{
"24.102.211.196"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"24.102.211.196"
}

then tried to connect using eqemu patcher but it won't connect

any and all help is welcome thank you

rob348
04-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Ok, I followed the walkthrough, but when i launch eqgame.exe patchme i login with a username and password that is different then what you gave (because i didnt use your user name), i login ok, but my server isnt in the list, infact the list is empty! Any suggestions? I am running win2000 server amd athlon xp 1500+ (1.33 ghz) i ran all of the servers you ran they all ran without error.

Parrin
04-10-2003, 09:06 AM
I followed all your steps..including the grant...and I am still getting that I am denied access to get into it...I am putting in the same user name and password that I put into mysql

haecz
04-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Step 7. Download my original backup database from the attachment posted below (eqbackup00.zip) & install to the C:\MySQL\bin directory (overwrite = yes).

i cant find "eqbackup00.zip".. please give me a URL..
thisis driving me mad :P

devlor
04-12-2003, 06:32 AM
When the forums, Website, etc. went down this past week, all attachments to forum posts were temporarily made unavailable too, apparently. Now that things are back to normal, it looks like the attachments are back up, so you should again find the link to the database above. :)

sirpez
04-12-2003, 07:55 PM
OKAY!!! HERE GOES!!!
I've been working on getting this mess to work for days now. Currently i'm able to actually get onto the og in server and stuff, and i can even get all the way to the server select screen for eqemu but of course there's no servers up (at the moment i'm try to set up a server to be played from the same PC as described in your wonderful layout above.). NOW, i know it's because my "world.exe" isn't working right! I ALWAYS get this lame little:

"Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'sirpez@localhost' (Using password: YES) .... etc. etc....."

SO, can't load up that sucker, let alone get the "world.exe flag eqemu 200" mess to stick. I've played around with just about every version of the "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES..." commands i could find across these forums, and while it seems like they all get accepted by the 'mysql.exe' command thingy, i still get he same error over and over. FOR THE LUV OF GAWD SOME HELP ME I"M GIONG MAD!!!

kk now for the various stuffz ya need for troubleshoots:

-Using windows ME...
-Using EQEmu version 0.4.4 DR1 with telmet blah blah... (the bin file thingy delvore has u download from his tutorials link up top there.)
-Using the 'eqbackup00.zip' thing as my sourced sql for the db... (the one delvore provides up top under his sig.)

~~~EQEmu modified configs~~~

<<<<<Database.ini thingy:>>>>>>>>>>>

[Database]
host=localhost
user=<mysqlusername>
password=<mysqlpassword>
database=eq
compression=off

<<<<<<LoginServer.ini thingy:>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Pez World
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

<<<<<<<<<MinyLogAccounts thingy>>>>>>>>>>>>

localhost eqemu eqemu

<<<<<<<<< Boot5zones thingy >>>>>>>>>>> (and i've alreayd copied the spell_en thing to the EQEmu dir too...)

start zone . localhost 7995 localhost
start zone . localhost 7996 localhost
REM: start zone . localhost 7997 localhost
REM: start zone . localhost 7998 localhost
REM: start zone . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

<<<<<<<<< eqhost text file>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Registration Servers]
{
"localhost:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
}

<<<<<<<<< datarate text file >>>>>>>>>>>

__________________________________________________ ___

If ya need anything else yell at me an i'll toss it up here asap -- this mess is ridiculous!!!

devlor
04-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Well, your config files appear to be in order. First off, are you making sure to have the MySQL Admin Tool running in the system tray at all times? This isn't always necessary for everyone (I myself don't need to), but for some users it is.

While I know you said you played around with various GRANT ALL permutations, I have to ask if you tried what I included above:
(if the last step, the GRANT... command, gives you an access denied error, exit out of mysql.exe & open it again via the command prompt with mysql.exe --user=root eq & repeat the GRANT... command)
If you did this & you're still getting an access denied message, then the next things I'd ask would be if you're in any way, shape, or form, running a firewall (including, but not limited to, Windows XP's built-in Internet Connection Firewall) on your computer setup?

If not (& you're sure of this), then I'd suggest doing something I had to do once to set things aright when I was having trouble. First shut down MySQL completely (this means to shut down the service through the right-click contect menu in the MySQL Admin tool usually running in the tray icon, then shut the tool itself down). Next, go into your ...\WINDOWS\ directory & hunt down that little my.ini file & delete it. Also look for a my.cnf file in your root C:\ directory & delete it too if present. Reboot, then enter in your user name & password again (exactly as typed in your db.ini file, making sure no trailing spaces, etc. are present in either). Try logging in again & see if this helps.

If not, since I don't know what characters you're using in your MySQL user name & password, try changing them both to something simple involving only basic alphanumeric characters (no extended characters like _ or what have you) if you haven't already. Also try to limit them to 8 characters maximum in length each. I don't know if this is necessary, but these would be the very steps I'd be taking in trying to track down the source of the problem, via process of elimination.

Last, but not least, did you try this:
NOTE: If using "localhost" in the above files doesn't work for you, try using "127.0.0.1" (no quotes) instead.

Aside from the above, I can't think of anything else at the moment. If you still have problems post back & either I or someone else might be able to help suggest further steps to take.

I do know though that the steps I detailed above have worked not just for me, but many others as well, so there has to be something unusual in your setup, whether it be a simple typo, firewall or other conflicting network hardware/software, etc. It's just a matter of finding out what that something is & correcting it, if possible.

sirpez
04-13-2003, 08:14 PM
"WHEN GOD WHEN!!? WHEN'S GUNNA BE MY CHANCE TO SEE THE SAILBOAT!!? WHAT THE HELLS WRONG WITH ME!?!"...

anyways -- NEWS NEWS!

kk so like i officially have access now and i think it was like dead space in the "db.ini" in the grand end of things. so HURRAH!!! -- world at least attempts to work for me now and i got my GM flag but (and isn't there always a 'but'...) i got a new error heheheh.

Actually it' probably one i have been having i just hadn't noticed it yet way down there at the bottom of the "access died" read out. This is the complete read out i get when i try and to run the 'world.exe' : (also note the only thing i changed to the configs i have posted above is all instances of 'localhost' are now 127.0.0.1's and i guess i correctly entered the db info's with no dead space... on with the show)

C:\Eqemu>world.exe

Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed error=120
Error: Could not load item data

Now i haven't scoured the boards for info about this little guy yet so i'll go do that -- heeh but i thought i should throw a progress report -- SOOOOO glad taht stupid access denied crap'o'la is over!!!

soulchild2k
04-14-2003, 04:41 PM
i am at the point where i start to write the mysql code and keep getting an error 1064 message after typing in ...

mysql.exe -f
create database eq;

anyone have any ideas why this might be happening

wulfeous
04-15-2003, 01:42 PM
try typing in

mysql.exe --user=root eq

instead of mysql.exe -f

ok soulchild? :)

my problem is that when i log into my minilogin setup, my server is not shown. any ideas on what may be wrong would be greatly appreciated. i have gone over a few readme files and how to's and they say that all my configuration files are up to par.. so im at a loss.

Parrin
04-17-2003, 05:10 PM
I tried everything you said to do as far as the grant...and I deleted my ini file and rebooted etc...I am still getting the access denied error when I run world.exe flag eqemu 200...any ideas on how to fix this?

loki6767
04-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Step 16. Open command prompt in the C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory & type: world.exe flag eqemu 200

I get [Database] block not found in db.ini.
Read Readme.txt...

I ran the patch and everthing . I started the emu and i log in fine but there are no worlds there to choice from help please

wulfeous
04-22-2003, 02:01 PM
i have determined that there is a problem with my EMuShareMem.dll

the one i have is 277 kb

does anyone know of an updated version i could download? i have not been able to find one as of yet.

vartha
04-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Ya, seems emushare.dll is the wrong one for 4.4

lordshaggy
04-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Ok i followed this guide step by step and im geting an error when i try and run the boot5zones file..this is what iv got

DB.ini

[Database]
host=localhost
user=shaggy
password=damnhell
database=eq
compression=off

LogInServer.ini

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=MyWorld
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

MiniLoginAccounts.ini

localhost eqemu eqemu

Boot5Zones.bat

@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zoneNT . localhost 7995 localhost
start zoneNT . localhost 7996 localhost
start zoneNT . localhost 7997 localhost
start zoneNT . localhost 7998 localhost
start zoneNT . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

And this is what im geting

MiniLogin Msg

LoginServer.ini read.
MiniLoginAccounts.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:5999

World Msg

Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
Loading items from database...
...done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading EQ time of day..."./eqtime.cfg" is NOT a vaild EQTime file. File version
is 0; EQTime version is 1000 - failed.
Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database.
Deleted -1 stale player backups from database.
Please don't make me a levelme server. :(
TCP listening on: localhost:9000
World server listening on: localhost:9000
Connected to LoginServer: localhost:5999

Boot5Zones Msg....this is where i get the error that shuts it down

C:\EqEmu>REM: ****Read this first!!!****

C:\EqEmu>REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "hosthere" when yo
u are connecting

C:\EqEmu>REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

C:\EqEmu>REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.

C:\EqEmu>REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

C:\EqEmu>REM:--------------Start-----------------------
The system cannot find the file zoneNT.
The system cannot find the file zoneNT.
and at this point i get this error msg......

Cannot find the file 'zoneNT' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available

i click the ok button and it closes the Boot5Zones window

Not sure what iv done wrong but i reread this thread a few times and tryed to reinstall and redo everything and i just cant get it to work, can anyone plz give me a hand at this?

Yes i did run the 3 programs in the order that was given

Magnok
04-23-2003, 06:31 AM
Pretty colors

Parrin
04-23-2003, 08:19 AM
try just start zone . localhost etc...
I put the NT in there at first to and it wouldn't work

crazy-ace
04-27-2003, 04:06 AM
I follow all the instructions of the guide, and eventually got everything responding the way I would expect, however, after I do this:

C:\Games\EQEmu\EQGame\eqgame.exe patchme

EQ front end runs, gets me to the login screen, I log in as eqemu/eqemu and get an EqEmu error : bad username/Pass.

Any ideas?

wannabe
04-29-2003, 06:20 AM
This post 'truly' was a godsend.

Thanks. Off with a new error reading through search :P

Rilstin
04-29-2003, 11:50 AM
lordshaggy do you have MySQL up when you are trying to load everything up? If not that happened to me when I wasn't running MySQL and it worked when I ran it minimized.

corvus
05-03-2003, 06:59 AM
I have my server up and running thanks to your guide, no problems there ;)

Lots of how to's for servers and the EQEmu clients but didn't see anything on LAN / WAN setups.

Also, when my friends log into my server will there game use my database or do I have to update all of there databases anytime I make a change to mine?

Only problem now is finding a fix for LAN / WAN with multiple accounts.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Post for help can be found here (http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=7630).

Wolven
05-11-2003, 10:40 AM
"Download my original backup database from the attachment posted below (eqbackup00.zip) & install to the C:\MySQL\bin directory (overwrite = yes). "

"(This database was built using Drawde's updated DB addon (worlddata1.1.beta5). For a brief explanation, or if you wish to download these files & build the database yourself, refer to his post here: http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6912&highlight=. My instructions to follow will assume you are using my eqbackup00 file. If you opt to utilize Drawde's quest files as well, you'll need to unzip the contents of his quests0.1.zip to your C:\Games\EQEmu\ directory, using folder names to extract). "

Even when I go to this URL, I cant find the database you are talking about the "eqbackup00.zip" file. Please give me a URL. Thanks in advance.

Bantheb
05-15-2003, 11:10 AM
ok, followed everything as stated. it all works great right up until i select my created character and it starts loading then gives me a mixed reading of server not responding over the top of the error you have been disconnected. this always took me back to server select screen. any ideas? it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bantheb
05-15-2003, 03:35 PM
:? ok, fixed that. for all those peeps out there haveing similar problems or other problems, the idea is to make sure everything....thats EVERYTHING........is correct. In this case for me, in boot5zones i had put in the localhost for IP but i didn't put it on both sides, I.E...it still said YourIP on the left side. Hence the aforementioned problem. It took a couple hours reading posts and scratching my head but i found it with the help of a somewhat unrelated post. Hope this helps anyone else who needs it.

:D

rein
05-28-2003, 11:30 AM
WOW!! Thanks!!! This has been the most helpful post for idiot's such as myself. <--hehe just a joke there guys.

I got the server up and running with no problems following this guide. Well, I had a few minor setbacks, like MySQL still not letting me in, but I managed to work around it. I just had to thank you and everyone else who has put together these guides for us newbies.

IAjinxlock
06-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Works great now!

tekhnodreamz
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
how do u open command prompt in EQEmu folder?

wildcatts29
06-09-2003, 12:13 PM
i just want to say great job!!

i have completed all steps i cant flag the wrold.exe but not worry about that at the moment.

i have logged in and have a server showing i can create a character but when i goto log in a iget the next picture just like you always do but after that i go back to server screen.

any ideas on what might be causing this???

thanks in advance :lol:

ok i figured my problem out!!!!

ok not i cant zone it just kicks me back to the zone i was in and if i use #zone i get zone is not ready??

any ideas in advance??

IACopperm0e
06-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Just curious if this will still work in a modified manner, if I dont have all of the expansions. Let's just say I want to run it with the original game with no expansions, will this still work with the database suplied?

I did get it to work with the instructions given with expansions up to Shadows of Luclin, and a few more trips around the forums, to get the mysql commands right, just curious about not using all of my expansions, thats all.

Roman215
06-11-2003, 09:34 AM
I used this to set up a server that appears on the list and it worked pretty well.

SamTheMan67
06-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Im getting zoneboot5 errors every time for somr reason bad items or something?? can anyone help aim=samtheman677
email=sam_the_man67@yahoo.com

Aggie1
06-17-2003, 06:18 AM
This guide worked nearly flawlessly. The only trouble was in your Grant Options. *.* would never work.

I changed to eq.* and started up fine. Just one more question remains. I posted at the following link, but perhaps you may be able to provide some insight better as I used your database. Thanks!

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=8766

To all you people who can't get world.exe flag... to work. It won't until you get Grant Options to work as far as I can tell. Try "(databasename).*" instead of "*.*". In the case of this guide, mine was "eq.*" without the quotes.

Thanks in advance Devlor!

mamba666
06-18-2003, 05:05 AM
I wanted to post some usefull info.

I am close to getting my server working. Here are some problems and fixes that I have.

I had problems with the access denied when trying grant privileges. One problem I noticed in the mYSQL startup info was that it said my.ini was missing. I searched my windows directory and found it./ I then pasted it into the c:\Mysql directory as well as c:\mysql\bin directory. It then was able to find the my.ini file in the startup info of mysql. So the usrname and password started working externally.

I then noticed that when I dialed up I lost connectivity to MYSQL when running world.exe. I am running XP. First problem was the firewall which was running on a different network connection, but was nevertheless causing the disconnect from MYSQL. I ran a search on firewall in XP and fugured out how to turn it off on all network connections.

Ohh also when connecting through dialup, all references to localhost stopped working. I changed them to 127.0.0.1 and they started working. this seems to be soem kind of DNS problem with my dialup-thats my best guess.

Now world.exe runs fine and connects to the database. Boot5zones.bat comes up without error.

Only problem I have now is that I cannot login to the server with the everquest gaem either through the local setup or the normal setup that connects to the eqemu servers. I shoudl have this nailed down pretty soon.

I hope. /crosses fingers.

I hope this was able to help anybody else out there.

good luck

Bensaret
06-19-2003, 08:03 AM
When i go to start up world.exe i get the following message:

Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user: 'MySQL_user@localhost' <using password: YES>
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Loading variables, zone names & items. . .
Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover. . . .
DB Query Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in LoadVariables query 'SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp<> FROM variables where unix_timestamp<ts> >= 0' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Database Error: Lost connection, attemption to recover. . . .
Error in LoadZoneNames query 'SELECT MAX<zoneidnumber> FROM zone' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
EMushareMem.dll loaded.
Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover. . . .
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX<id>, count<*> FROM items' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error: Database::LoadItems<> <sharemem>: GetItemsCount<> returned -1
Error: Could not load item data

Any help would be nice on this plz.

mamba666
06-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi,
For this specific error you must do the Grant All Privileges command.
Specifically grant the permission for the user that you use to connect to the MYSQL database.

Here is the command that I used. My username is "mysql" that I access my mysql database with.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mysql'@127.0.0.1 IDENTIFIED BY 'mysql' WITH GRANT OPTION;

This eliminated that acess denied error.

When I did the generic command :

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO '%'@127.0.0.1 IDENTIFIED BY '%' WITH GRANT OPTION;

This did not work for me.

I hope this gets you going.

kertunkulous
06-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Here are the files as i have them:

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=something with no spaces
password=something with no spaces
database=eq
compression=off

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginserver2=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=MyWorld
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

[Boot5zones.bat]
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7997 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7998 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7999 127.0.0.1
exit
cls

[MiniLoginAccounts.ini]
localhost something something

[EqHost.txt]
[Registration Servers]
{
}
[Login Servers]
{
}

[datarate.txt]

i have to type this into mysql to get it to accept the grant:
c:\>mysql.exe --user=root eq
mysql>GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO '%'@127.0.0.1 IDENTIFIED BY '%' WITH GRANT OPTION;

and yet, i'm still getting "error #1045 access denied" i found something in the forums about internal addressing, but didn't understand it at all. i can log on and everyting, but "world.exe" just isn't loading or working at all. i've gone through the readme.txt file at least twenty times trying to find a solution. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bensaret
06-23-2003, 04:18 AM
When it says to install all expansions, does it really matter to have all the expansions installed, because I only have all the expansions up to Luclin, i never got plains of power.

Bigpull
06-23-2003, 04:38 AM
When it says to install all expansions, does it really matter to have all the expansions installed, because I only have all the expansions up to Luclin, i never got plains of power.

when it says "install all expansions" ir should read "install all of your expansions"

a_Guest03
06-23-2003, 05:00 AM
If you don't have the files to go somewhere, don't. But the game will let you go to any zone. You can get trapped there and may need to drag your butt out of there using the database.

Bensaret
06-23-2003, 08:23 AM
I did everything the tutorial said, but i can't seem to get world.exe and boot5zones.bat to stay open, they keep closing, however when I go into c:\games\eqemu\eqgame patchme it starts up and I can even type in "eqemu" for the user name and password but I can't find any servers at all in the list, its all empty, plz help.

Also, what exactly am I supposed to see when I type this in, cause I don't think it came out right for me.
"world.exe flag eqemu 200"

tlewis1314
06-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Execlent install directions!! I got my server up and running and can login and play! Sweet. Thanks for the great work!

One questions however...

When I create a spell caster I go to the merchants in the guild and .... No Spells :cry: . Is there a database that you recommend sourcing to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

a_Guest03
06-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Look in the Worldbuilding forum for Drawde's itemsbooks.zip.

It might be linked in my sig. I don't know if that one works.

Bensaret
06-23-2003, 12:11 PM
When I try and start world.exe i get, "Error: #1045 Access denied for user: 'myusername@localhost' <Using password: YES>"

And when I run "boot5zones.bat" several windows open and close so fast i can't see what they say but I know it ain't good. So please someone help me, don't leave me in the cold.

a_Guest03
06-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Do the grant command again and BE SURE THAT YOU ARE ROOT!! mysql --user-root or some command like that.

Acolyte
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
mysql -u root -p

Bensaret
06-24-2003, 04:11 AM
I don't know what you guys are doing different but I still get error #1045. I tried re-entering the GRANT command like you said and there's no difference. I still can't start up world.exe or boot5zones. Also, when I tried and did "world.exe flag eqemu 200" I get some weird error messages, something about reading the readme.txt. I can login the game using eqemu as the password and user name, but I just don't see any servers in the list

a_Guest03
06-24-2003, 04:14 AM
Start a new post in the Win32 Server Support Forum (http://forums.eqemu.net/viewforum.php?f=3) with the steps you take, and where you get your 1045 error.

Bensaret
06-24-2003, 05:06 AM
Woohoo! I can now see my server and I can now load world.exe and boot5zones! However, when I try to login to my server, it seems to be loading it, but before it gets to a loading screen it pops up with an EQ message that says this: "Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server. This is usually temporary." Please tell me I'm not the only one that has this problem, thanks for the help.

a_Guest03
06-24-2003, 05:12 AM
Post support questions in support forums.

TheFunkyBox
07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I still cant find the EQbackup00.zip link!

Please help!

Impaler
07-04-2003, 10:58 AM
hello, can't seem to get this to work but i have my directories set up like such. c:\eqemu\eqgame (this is my eqemu game thing i'm trying to set up) and C:\program files\everquest (this is the real thing of everquest) C:\MySQL\bin (such as yall have or yall showed in the Turtorial) and so i go to run in the start menu get to the C prompt and i type

C:\>cd c:\eqemu ----and i hit enter on this and it takes me to

C:\EQEMU>--at this point i'm suppose to type in world.exe flag eqemu 200 right? i did that and got this.

C:\EQEMU>world.exe flag eqemu 200
failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user: 'Mysql_user@localhost' <Using Password: yes>
[status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Account being GM Flagged:eqemu, Level: 200
Database Error: Lost Connection, attempting to recover....
database.setGMFlag failed.

:'( oh well was just wondering if there was anything i could to fix this...
-- oh and btw Dev's... i'm sorry for posting that post in the wrong section u locked it down :( was bad boy i guess... sorry just thought i'd let ya know i was sorry --
Best Regards
Christopher

Impaler
07-04-2003, 11:19 AM
hehe... i fixed it... obviously my Spacebar was messed up... did two spaces after the eqemu part to the 200 so it looked like this
world.exe flag eqemu 200 .... hehe shoulda looked like this
world.exe flag eqemu 200 ... just the little bit of difference there made it not work right... so try to double check yourself's like i shoulda did :) sorry for the waste of space.
best regards
Christopher Morton

a_Guest03
07-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Double space bar doesn't show up, but I get the idea.

IAazzwip
07-20-2003, 09:17 PM
this is something that is posted several other places, however after messing around with it for the better part of 12 hours or so and nearly smashing my computer and reading as much as i could take on the documetation of mysql from the makers- :? i found that getting permissions for mysql using version 3.23.57 is accomplished simply by hitting Start (on the toolbar) opening a dos prompt and type:

c:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root -p

when the password entry shows up- hit enter because there isnt one yet.

go on with the permission granting as usual from the above posts- but with an initial install with windows this is the default all permissions user-

hope it helps

Tizzard
07-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Devlor... you need to post your Database again.. There is no link for it attached anywhere. I think people are getting stuck there as did I for a while.