PDA

View Full Version : Project EQ Living World underway.

Vipermmx
03-08-2002, 07:08 AM
Hello all,

My project is based on getting EQ up to par with a live server population feeling wise for people that dont want to play Online or just want some LAN play but dont want the world to feel like a empty place. I cant say much at this time because its still in designing stages. My Project will grow with the Emu as it still lacks afew features I need to make this happen.

Here is afew features more to come later.

1. NPCP(non-player controlled Players) will roam the world giving EQ a lifelike feel.
2. NPCP will do like a player. They will level(in a way) and you will see them around the world on your adventures. They will become stronger and grow and you might even see afew in the planes.
3. NPCP will go from newbies to heros some will offer quests some might just want to chat.
4. Huge amounts of text will be used to help in creating a Live Emulation of a player.
5. There will be large amounts of new large quests and items to help advancment.
6. NPCP will have different attitudes. Some may want to talk some might want to get rid of you.
7. NPCP will group with you sometimes. (this feature may be possible. Looking into using charm type of spell that will allow grouping of NPCP)

Thats all for now but there is much more im planning. I just figured id let everyone know what im working on and if you have any ideas please post them.

Thanks.

Drawde
03-08-2002, 08:34 AM
NPCs that actually behave like players would be a really amazing feature. The AI would be quite hard to code I imagine (unlike the lemming-like monster AI, attacking you until either you or they die). I'd really like to know more about this project when you've done more on it.

Baron Sprite
03-08-2002, 08:45 AM
That sounds pretty cool, I'm sure people would be willing to make conversations for you to use for players. :D

Baltar
03-08-2002, 12:01 PM
way to go Viper good idea.

Shawn319
03-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Need any help testing u know where to find me :)

Schmuck
03-08-2002, 03:01 PM
http://www.activebuddy.com (http://www.activebuddy.com)
That's sorta what you are trying to do, I think....

Vipermmx
03-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Ill be sure to contact ya shawn when I get further in the stages. My primary goal is to first get NPC to roam around the world when we have NPC pathing and quest system. Right now im planning my areas out and starting work on the text I will use. When the AI is more complete I will go from there and see what I can improve upon.

Drawde you wouldnt mind if I used your database to help my project? I want it to be EQ and doing all my stuff plus setting up spawns is alittle to much work. =) Ill give ya credit on my site for the database when I get it online.

Just to let ya guys know I have a long ways to go but im sure you all will be pleased.

Drawde
03-09-2002, 05:09 AM
Yes, you can certainly use my DB data if you want, the only thing is the current version is still quite buggy (as I'm sure you already know :) ) I'm still working on fixing it, and will probably release another version when the merchant lockup bug is fixed in the 2.4 beta.

Also I'll eventually release my NPC data parser/converter utility with the source code for it, which will make it a lot easier for other people to make their own spawn lists (it takes a single .txt file with all the NPC info in it, and outputs the npc_type,spawn2,etc tables in MySQL format). I still need to add a few features to it though before I do this (such as factions being stored in the NPC data, currently they're just autogenerated based on race)

Schmuck
03-11-2002, 10:33 AM
http://www.realitydesigns.com/projects/omen/index.html#/Why%20We%20Need%20Omen

Baltar
03-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Omen sounds like a great escape from your everyday game. Good find.