PDA

View Full Version : help!

drunkman
04-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Sup i saw this site tonight and gave it a try, i made an account name and stuff downloaded a ghost file type thing and then tried to download the patcher or something and all i get is some links to sites that have nothin to do with what i want.

Any help on how exactly how toi do this would be great appreciated please.

vetoeq
04-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Here is a link to the patcher:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/EQEmuPatcher.exe?download

--
VetoEQ

drunkman
04-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Thx for the reply assuming this works when i run eqw again should i select to fix eq ini ??

vetoeq
04-22-2003, 02:40 PM
No, you actually need to run the patcher first and either use it to start EQ for EQEmu (checkbox in EQEmu patcher does this) or start it by hand with the 'patchme' method:

cd \<where eq lives>

eqgame.exe patchme

This starts EQ without running the Sony patcher which will put everything back to their standards after we just patched to the EQEmu standards.

--
VetoEQ

drunkman
04-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Well i downloaded the patcher thing, it says im missing some files....Regular eq works ok, but when i click run eq it does nothing ( dunno if thats suposed to happen). Or run eqw i get a 1017 error..

Sorry for all these questions but im new and really wanna try this out!

a_Guest03
04-22-2003, 03:16 PM
INSTALL to your everquest directory. Go through the install again. When it asks for directory, erase what it has and put in the correct everquest directory. Don't include the /patcher part.