PDA

View Full Version : Idea for starting items

Drawde
03-11-2002, 04:10 AM
Starting items and spells for characters would be a useful feature for the emulator (I think so at least), although it doesn't take long to #summonitem them, it would be a nice touch.

You could have a struct in the DB like this (more or less):

CREATE TABLE starting_items (
id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
item_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
class int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
race int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id,item_id),
) TYPE=MyISAM;

This would be an entry to give Human Warriors a short sword on startup:
INSERT INTO starting_items VALUES(1,9998,1,1);

When a new character is created, the server searches through this table in the DB and any items with a matching class and race are added to their inventory.
It would be easily editable so you could modify it to give your characters high-level items if you wanted, for example.
The race value is needed as well as class, since different races get different starting robes/tunics and occasionally weapons (Iksar at least)

theCoder
03-11-2002, 06:04 AM
I like that idea! That way characters can start out with a little food, clothing, etc.

I think it would also be nice to have a wildcard value (like 0?) for the race and class, so that if an item is in the starting_items table with a race of 0, all new characters of the given class would get the item. The SQL would look something like

select item_id from starting_items where (class = <actual class> or class=0) and (race = <actual race> or race=0);

That might help keep the table a little easier to manage.

Hmm
03-11-2002, 07:09 AM
also add check for account status. if char being created is a status 200 one it gets different stuff than rest of newbies also start at level 100.

Bunga
03-11-2002, 08:08 AM
And please please please make it editable in Eqadmin.

DaRacne Shaitan
03-11-2002, 09:05 AM
Accually I'm working on adding starting items ATM, thanks for the idea I'll use that. I was working on it mainly last night so my brain was off. I totally forgot I need to have a race value, because evil erudians start off in paineel and you need a key starting off there =P

mByte
03-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Accually I'm working on adding starting items ATM, thanks for the idea I'll use that. I was working on it mainly last night so my brain was off. I totally forgot I need to have a race value, because evil erudians start off in paineel and you need a key starting off there =P

Yea but to bad there are no door's yet to even worry about that.

Lyenu X`Arie
03-12-2002, 05:45 PM
This is Daracne.. changed my name to my prefered nickname. Anyways well, I was hoping that we could not give them keys and just let them be killed off... but you know =)