PDA

View Full Version : "That's un-American!"

Windcatcher
03-13-2002, 02:11 AM
A few days ago my father and I took my mother out to dinner for her birthday, and she related this story that happened to her.

A telemarketer calls up and wants to sell her a loan.

- First the saleslady asks if my mother has any home debt. The answer is no.

- Then she asks if my mother has any car payments. No.

- Then she asks if there is any credit card debt. Nope.

- Then she asks if there is any debt at all. Nope, not one bit.

Finally the telemarketer replies in an angry voice, "Well, that's un-American!" and hangs up.

:confused:

P.S. I just *love* cheesing off credit card sellers when I reply that not only don't I know my A.P.R., I don't *care* what it is, since I always pay the whole balance every time. There is simply no reply to that one. :)

Trumpcard
03-13-2002, 03:55 AM
I like haggling with them..

- All this for only 19.95 !

- I'll give you 12 bucks..

- But sir, the price is 19.95

- Well, I say its worth 12 bucks to me... Let me speak to your manager...

Then when they put you on hold, hang up...

I absolutely despise telemarketers... I hate talking on the phone to people I know, much less someone trying to convince me i need to change long distance carriers. The most fun I ever had was from a carpet cleaning company that had screwed up my carpet the year before...

1st thing they asked..

- Could we speak to Miss Kim XXXXXX (my ex girlfriend who dosnt live there anymore)

- Im sorry, she doesnt live .... here any longer

- Well, could we interest you in a carpet cleaning? (Then go into their long rant about what they'll do)

- That sounds GREAT ! Umm, does your carpet cleaning get out blood stains?

- Yes sir , it does

- I mean ALOT of blood.. I mean, Ive got a basement room that is pratically COVERED in it ! It might take someone a long time to get all that blood and stuff up, will that change the price any?

- (nervously) Im not sure sir, we might need to send someone out to look at it first

- (franticly) Why do they need to look at it?

------CLICK-------

Ive been so much happier since I got a call screening service. Any number coming in from a group line, or one that is displayed as unlisted goes through an answering service for approval. Ive gone down from gettign 5 telemarketer calls an evening to maybe 1 a week now tops.

Baltar
03-13-2002, 10:04 PM
I just hang up when there mid sentence.

hello, your house has been randomly selected....Click...

It really is invigorating. I know it sounds kinda stupid but
give it a try.

Baron Sprite
03-15-2002, 01:14 PM
mononoke hime rocks :D

Baltar
03-15-2002, 04:48 PM
lol Yeah It does! Best anime of all time

Razzle
03-18-2002, 01:36 PM
I enjoy getting telemarketer calls, so I always give out my real phone number when registering/buying something.

Instead of being mean, though, I just try to have a conversation with them, and see how long it takes them before they hang up.

Trumpcard
03-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Speaking of anime, I just watched the new Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

I think it is probably the most well done anime flick to date if you ask me. Coherent and understandable story line, amazing animation, and likeable characters...

I was very impressed.. By the guy that did Wicked City, another one of my favorites..

Baltar
03-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Angel Cop is another great anime. Filled with violence and political corruption. There's a dvd out that has all 6 episodes of the mini series. It's a good rent or buy. I want to check out wolf brigade too.

Azaken
03-19-2002, 12:50 PM
Are you forgeting Ninja Scroll? That is the most fluent and fast pace animation there is. The story line leaves much to be desired, but if you like seeing a guy cut in half becuase he lipped off the wrong ninja, Nscroll is your best friend. And there is a healthy dose of Hentai nudity, but i can live with that