PDA

View Full Version : Quest help please

IANumtin
06-01-2003, 05:50 AM
It seems as though I can't seem to get my translocators working but soulbinders work perfectly. Here's an example:

Soulbinder in East Freeport:

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1-=~ "Hail") { say("Greetings $name . When a hero of our world is slain. their soul returns to the place it was last bound and the body is reincarnated. As a member of the Order of Eternity. it is my duty to [bind your soul] to this location if that is your wish.") }
if ($1-=~ "bind my soul") { say("Very well. You will return to this spot when you die.") castspell("$userid","2049") }
}

Now after I spawn and add the Translocator into the database, I try attaching a quest to him with the following:

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1-=~ "Hail") { say("Greetings $name . Since the dock workers and the shipcrew are on strike, I've been placed here to see to your needs. Are you seeking a [ride to the Ocean]?") }
if ($1-=~ "ride to the ocean") { say("Very well, hold onto your shorts!") castspell("$userid","2279") }
}

I've matched up the npc number with the quest number and have even triple checked to make sure they match. The quest file is placed in the correct folder for the zone but I have yet to get the translocator to respond at all. I've rebooted the servers after each change as well. Any help would be appreciated.