06-01-2003, 08:09 AM
I have this code:

NPC_SCRIPT 1 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:{
RAIN 0
EMOTE:Grins at %CHARNAME%
FACE_TARGET
SAY:Hello %CHARNAME%, To live here you need to know how to use a weapon
SAY:I can teach * UNIVERSAL * weapon use.
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:UNIVERSAL:{
SAY:Here's a little move I learned in qeynos
SETSKILL 0 1
SETSKILL 1 1
SETSKILL 2 1
SETSKILL 3 1
}

saved as 7166.qst in C:\eqemu\quests\qeynos

the mob ID is 7166 and is in south qeynos.

But when i hail her nothing happens.

I downloaded the quest database (earlier down in this forum) for drawe, extracted it in C:\eqemu\quests.

In there was some code for Captain Rohand. I checked that the Mob ID number in the code matched the d/b ID NPC number and it did. I hailed him and nothing happened either, so none of the quests are working.

/* Zone:qeynos ID:535 -- Captain_Rohand */
EVENT_SAY {
if($1- =~ "Hail"){
SAY("Greetings. friend. and welcome to the Mermaid's Lure. Here. we sell fishing supplies and some imported goods from far-off lands. And. if you've got a few minutes. I could even tell you a [story] or two.")
}
if($1- =~ "what story"){
SAY("Stories? Stories? I saw more adventure before I was ten years tall than you'll see in your whole miserable existence. I've been everywhere. [Odus]. [Faydwer]. [Kunark]. . . You name it. and I can tell ya a little something 'bout it. . . If you buy me a sip of brandy. of course!")
}
if($1- =~ "what odus"){
SAY("You haven't lived until you've seen Odus. Erud was the first human to cross the sea. and he founded the great city of Erudin. The trade routes from here to Odus are busy and prosperous. but can also be very dangerous.")
}
if($1- =~ "what faydwer"){
SAY("I call Faydwer the home of the little people. They say the continent was named by the high elves when they landed on its shores long ago. I've even heard tales of an ancient elven vampire who lives there. . . Just another Felwithe legend. I'll bet!")
}
if($1- =~ "what kunark"){
SAY("Even I can't tell you much about that continent. Kunark is a tough place. populated by even tougher creatures. I hear the high elves of Faydwer have been trying for years to establish a small port on Kunark's hostile shores.")
}
}

/*END of FILE*/

I did reboot the server and everything to make sure.

IANumtin
06-01-2003, 11:13 AM
/* Zone:qeynos ID:535 -- Captain_Rohand */

/*END of FILE*/

Get rid of those lines. Should work ok otherwise.

muhi
06-01-2003, 11:26 AM
captain rohand code:

how is this connected to the relevant mob id? these files were downloaded from the quest folder. the first one ws one i did (old version i think) that i copied from someone else about setting skills. that doesn't work either.

IANumtin
06-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Ok, don't delete those lines. Worked great for me though. It still ties in with the npc because of the quest number it's saved under.

IANumtin
06-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Here, dug this up.

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6799

Look at the very bottom post.

muhi
06-01-2003, 09:16 PM
OK thank you i will give that a try.

btw, all the zipped files in Quests.zip from drawe have a space before the {.

muhi
06-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Hiya

The translocator is now working part-way, she says all the usual stuff but doesn't actually bind me or cast the spell :

EVENT_SAY{
if ($1-=~ "Hail") { say("Greetings $name . When a hero of our world is slain. their soul returns to the place it was last bound and the body is reincarnated. As a member of the Order of Eternity. it is my duty to [bind your soul] to this location if that is your wish.") }
if ($1-=~ "bind my soul") { say("Very well. You will return to this spot when you die.") castspell($userid,2049) }
}

and trainer perkins doesn't work at all when hailed

TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:{
SAY:Hello there %charname%, I am Trainer Perkins. Would you like to train Med, Channeling, backstab, [med] [channeling] [backstab]
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:med:{
SAY:So be it!
setskill 31 1
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:channeling:{
setskill 13 1
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:backstab:{
setskill 8 1
}

IADestavator
06-02-2003, 08:54 AM
EVENT_SAY{

if ($1-=~ "Hail"){
say("Greetings $name . When a hero of our world is slain. their soul returns to the place it was last bound and the body is reincarnated. As a member of the Order of Eternity. it is my duty to [bind your soul] to this location if that is your wish.")}
if ($1-=~ "bind my soul"){
say("Very well. You will return to this spot when you die.") castspell($userid,2049)}
}

Ok the error you made is the following :

if ($1-=~ "bind my soul"){
say("Very well. You will return to this spot when you die.") castspell("$userid","2049")}
}

If you use this code for the Soulbinder instead it should work.. maybe you give it a try and tell me if it worked

IANumtin
06-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Yep, what Destavator said is correct. Whenever you're using quests, item numbers, spell numbers....even experience numbers, basically anything inside the ( ) needs to be quoted for it to work.

muhi
06-02-2003, 08:00 PM
thanks i will try that...

any suggestion on the old type quest for trainer perkins?

muhi
06-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Ok that did work with the "" in userid and spell number, and I changed trainer perkins to the new system so that works aswell.

One question though, if i keep saying meditate to her, it will go up in increments of 10 and not just happens once. I am using 'addskill', but there appears not to be 'setskill' in the new system?
I really just want the person to get their skill set to 10 to set them off, not to make it 200.