PDA

View Full Version : Problem compiling with VC6

GrimReaper
03-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Gives me an error saying
'mysql.h' : No such file or directory

Does that normally come with VC6 or can I download it from somewhere or what?

Shawn319
03-16-2002, 04:57 PM
You need mysql installed.

mysql.h found in C:\mysql\include

incase u get a zlib.lib error after that, zlib.h is found in C:\mysql\lib\opt

GrimReaper
03-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Thanks, I have mySQL installed, but I didn't noticed the folder named 'include.'

GrimReaper
03-16-2002, 05:21 PM
I am getting the zlib.h error, and I couldn't find zlib.h in the c:\mysql\lib\opt folder. I could only find the file zlib.lib.

Lyenu X`Arie
03-17-2002, 12:16 AM
zlib is a seperate download.. you can get it here:
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

GrimReaper
03-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the help. Now I can finally compile my own version.

TheDreamX
04-29-2002, 09:40 AM
Ok, finally got down to one measly little error. Cannot find input file zlib.lib. I copied zlib.lib to the common, world, and zone folders, but didn't work. I looked throughout the source code and couldn't even find where the file is called. What's the problem?

Boogahed
05-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Ok.. to clear a few things up here.

zlib.h is found in the zlib download but not zlib.lib

zlib.lib is in the binary distro of mysql, not the source.

Copy all 4 files in the mysql/lib/opt folder, youre gonna need them. Best thing to do is copy them into your eqemu source /common folder.

Make sure you reference the /common folder in Tool->Options then Directories tab. Also add it for both include files and library files, there's a combo box for that.
TheDreamX - you need to add it for Library files, thats why its not being found.

TheDreamX
05-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Ok, last problem (I hope). Server compiles fine, but when it runs, it says that it cannot find DB.ini and to see the readme. Well, there was no readme (in C++ project there was, but when I clicked it, it said there is no file called readme.txt) and I tried putting DB.ini from the executables in every single source code folder with no luck. Does anyone know how to implement DB.ini?

theCoder
05-03-2002, 12:47 PM
I think it tries to open db.ini in the current working directory -- whatever directory you run the executable from. I think if you put it in the project directory, it will work. If not that, then perhaps the debug directory.

Feanaro
01-01-2003, 09:58 PM
I have another problem :

Compiling...
client.cpp
console.cpp
LoginServer.cpp
net.cpp
zoneserver.cpp
classes.cpp
database.cpp
EMuShareMem.cpp
EQNetwork.cpp
eqtime.cpp
MiscFunctions.cpp
moremath.cpp
Mutex.cpp
packet_dump.cpp
packet_dump_file.cpp
packet_functions.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(171) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(171) : error C2501: 'ZEXTERN' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(201) : error C2144: syntax error : missing ';' before type 'int'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(201) : error C2501: 'ZEXTERN' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(201) : error C2086: 'ZEXTERN' : redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\zlib.h(201) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
races.cpp
serverinfo.cpp
TCPConnection.cpp
timer.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

World.exe - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Who knows, whats that ??

Edgar1898
01-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Looks like you got a bad zlib.h file, you can find a new one easily enough searching yahoo. After you get a new one put it in the old ones path (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE)

Feanaro
01-02-2003, 02:03 AM
I have zlib 1.1.4 from zlib homepage, i was downloaded it's today

bobmook
01-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Just wanted to say this sticky was invaluable to me in compiling my server thanx all

Kyraxe
05-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Hey guys,

Trying to compile the latest CVS I am getting the following errors:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\eqemu\source\common\emusharemem. h(2) : warning C4182: #include nesting level is 361 deep; possible infinite recursion
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\eqemu\source\common\emusharemem. h(2) : fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit

Any idea whats going on here and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Kyraxe

Update: Nevermind, had a corrupt file which was calling itself somehow?? =) Working ok now.

06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
heh, thanks for this, a bit too late, though, I had huge problems with mine, but had to find it all on my own (with the help of a friend)