PDA

View Full Version : EQemu Verant like DB

uzzon
03-17-2002, 03:45 AM
Hi guys!

I have to say its great to see that this EMU is actually progressing well and fast.

In the future when the EMU offers more features we should try to set up one server like one of the Verant servers. (gotfrags.com?)
Same spawns, merchants and so on. Lets call it "OriginalDB" for the moment.

We should make an combined effort to create this basic server.
People that install their EMU can use the DB that is released with the EMU (empty world) where they can setup whatever they want, or they can download the OriginalDB and change whatever they like on the fully spawned server.

I would devote quite some time in this project and I thought it would be an idea to find people with good knowledge about the different zones and assign one person to one zone.
This person works on the zone until all spawns are finished.
Quests is another topic, first we need fully spawned zones.

I am still quite a newbie with the server, so I am not sure about a few things but this project should be doable quite easy. There are really a LOT of people that would help with this if they know the DB will be available for download when its finished.

I think it was Drawde's DB files that I downloaded and was wondering how someone can get all those infos. the npc_type file for example seems quite complete for the old world. Was that info captured from the live servers with a packet sniffer or something like that? Well, like I said I am a newbie with this :D
But if we can capture all this info from the live servers we should have complete Verant-like zones quick.....

So just make a spawn team, and a quest team of people.
I think quests are'nt implementet yet but as soon as a quest system is in and all zone spawns are done we could assign several quests to every member of the quest team which they implement.

The good thing is, if we cant capure all info we still have great resources on the web. http://everquest.allakhazam.com for example.
Very detailed quest, zone, equip, mob infos there....

Whats your opinion on this topic?
I don't fear flames, I know that I dont know much about the EMU ... :rolleyes:

Baron Uzzon Isatum
------------------------------
60 Sorcerer of Innoruuk

TheClaus
03-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Okay here is what Gino and I were doing. It slowed down alot. Been busy doing other things.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eqemudb/

Check out the Doc Manager for what we have. We also have been changing textures of guards to make them look nicer. Guards get plate if they can wear it. Gives it a nice look. For places such as Oggok we haven't even gone there yet. We get our spawn data from live EQ itself. I use SEQ to gather the data and Gino actually goes around and checks everyone out. We didn't like Drawde's data cause liveEQ has changed so much and Drawde got his info off of Allakazam or someplace else. SEQ is easy enough to setup if you want to take the time or you can roam around and mark them all. Since Verant doesn't give out hps anymore I would say that if you went to http://giftsplace.com/eqn1/ it would give you a basic run down. I personally am going to make my EQ box not as harsh as liveEQ. If I con a white/even then I should be able to take it on but it will be a down to the wire thing. Yellow has more chance of dieing and red is impossible. As with liveEQ now the higher up in lvl you go the more likely you won't be able to take on whites or even blues for that matter. Let me know what you think. I have Erudin City done except for the guard and merchant textures. I will finish that up though and put it under files for people to download. I have several more zones logged just haven't had the time to put them into the db.

xxxjustinxxx
03-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Heya,

I just heard of this Emulator myself, but I wanted to at least say you aren't going to get flamed here, man. These people recognize EQ is a game, and just for that reason, they are trying to emulate the original game to see if they can get it done.

I'm betting everyone on these boards will like your enthusiasm, but just remember ~ boats and stuff need to be programmed, too. I realize the team effort thing would be great, but most of these people are acting as a group of independents as a team... updating the db with stuff they want to see updated and stuff they know how to get done.

So it's more like a big, slow, all encompassing team... it'll take a little while to get finished, but the final product will be Verant worthy (well, updated, SUPER patched Verant... not old school, abuse-pathing-bugs Verant)

peace,
j

Gino
03-17-2002, 06:59 PM
TheClaus wrote : "Since Verant doesn't give out hps anymore I would say that if you went to http://giftsplace.com/eqn1/ it would give you a basic run down."

Or just do it like i do :

Take a Lv 60 War , turn on your log and beat the living out of them. :D

Regards
Gino

TheClaus
03-18-2002, 04:07 AM
That works too but alot of work.