PDA

View Full Version : Wrong skills going up during combat

Drawde
03-18-2002, 08:01 AM
I've noticed that in 2.5 your combat skills will go up when fighting, however the skills don't seem to be the right ones - for example the Abjuration skill increased when fighting with a 2-handed blunt weapon, and the 2-handed blunt skill increased when fighting with a piercing weapon. Presumably this should be easy to fix (just change the numbers around) ?

TheClaus
03-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Now that is funny. Getting a magic skill from melee.

Razzle
03-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Perhaps the problems are not in the skills, but in the items?

Azaken
03-19-2002, 01:13 PM
Perhaps you should try it out again with a different weapon that (presumably) puts up the same skills. If a 2hs puts up Abjur again then you are prolly right it is a simple coding error. But if a different weapon in the same skill (2hs) changes yet another different skill than the prior you have a rats nest of a problem i would hate to deal with. :)

Patrick

Drawde
03-28-2002, 05:05 AM
After testing with various weapons and characters I've found that the error is definitely related to the type of weapon, not the individual item. It seems to be just a case of wrong/mismatched skill numbers.
These are the ones I've found so far (the weapon type followed by the skill it increases when used)

1H Piercing -> 2H Blunt
1H Blunt -> 2H Slashing
2H Blunt -> Abjuration
1H Slashing -> 1H Blunt

Haven't tried 2HS or 2HP yet but will post here when I find what skills they increase.

Drawde
03-30-2002, 05:43 AM
2H Slashing => 1H Slashing
2H Piercing => Pick Lock (!?! - imagine trying to pick a lock with a Velium War Lance..)

Baron Sprite
03-30-2002, 11:26 AM
My spell data def file I released has all the skill numbers EQ uses, slightly different then eqemu's #s, if you wanted to check and see if the numbers I go are related to your problem d, I can't check at work :D

Trumpcard
03-31-2002, 01:03 AM
From looking at the text file with SPDiscover, looks to me it the errors match up exactly with the skills that are going up in the emu..

Looks like a mismatch in skillinuse between eq and emu in the case statement.. The common skill and skillinuse need to be changed in each to match the parameters baron has.

ie 00 = 1h blunt in discover, but 1h slash in source

//Skill Types:
00 //= 1H Blunt
01 //= 1H Slashing
02 //= 2H Blunt
03 //= 2H Slashing
04 //= Abjuration
23 //= Pick Lock

But in the source code, in attack.cpp

// 1h slashing
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x00)
{
attack_skill = 0x01;
skillinuse = 0x00;
a->type = 5; // (5 is for 1h blunt, this is why 1hs weapons 'crush')
}
// 2h slashing
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x01)
{
attack_skill = 0x01;
skillinuse = 0x01;
a->type = 3;
}
// Piercing
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x02)
{
attack_skill = 0x24;
skillinuse = 0x02;
a->type = 2;
}
// 1h blunt
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x03)
{
attack_skill = 0x00;
skillinuse = 0x03;
a->type = 5;
}
// 2h blunt
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x04)
{
attack_skill = 0x00;
skillinuse = 0x04;
a->type = 4;
}
// 2h Piercing
if (weapon->common.skill == 0x23)
{
attack_skill = 0x24;
skillinuse = 0x23;
a->type = 4;
}

Also, I looked in the EQAdmin program, it appears that in there as well the skills are matching the emu rather than what the client expects. To be honest, Im not sure what the best solution is....

Ive fixed it in my attack.cpp, but a 1h slash still looks like a 1h blunt in the database...